Safer than the road

rzguytexas

Did track day at Texas World Speedway recently and really enjoyed it. We are all going to be really lucky with new F1 track in Austin. Going to Barber Vintage Week the weekend of the 10th in October. Will do track day at Putnam in Indiana the next weekend and over to my old home town in Alton, Ill area after that. any one have any info on putnam track and wer to stay? Hoping to ride in Ozarks on way back to Texas. Any one in Ozark area that would like to show some nice roads? Been a long time since in Ozark area with my old 75 RD 350. This should be a real vacation. Riding, bicycling and some golf also. Looking for a set of tire warmers to make riding safer. Any members from around Alton area that might want to ride up towards Grafton and Pier Marqutte State park.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

beac83

Nice bike!

Many of the NESBA folks camp at Cloverdale RV park near the track at Putnam. Others stay at one of the following: the Holiday Inn, the Econolodge, the Super 8, or the Motel 6, all at Cloverdale, IN. I favor the Econolodge for its balance of clean, reasonably maintained, and low cost. Hope to see you out there at Putnam on the 16th and 17th.

Here's a link to the Trackdaymag page on Putnam Park

http://www.trackdaymag.com/Tracks/Midwest-Region/Putnam-Park.aspx

It's a fast, flowing track, with only two lefts. It's my favorite in the Midwest.
There's no camping at the track, and you can't get in until 7AM and must be out by 6PM (local ordinance restrictions). Hiowever, you can leave your pit/kit/gear at the track if you are doing both days.