SC newbie

Kwacker

New guy here.

This past weekend found me at CMP watching the CCS races and it got the juices flowing again to get on the track. About 25 years ago the seed got planted to get off the street and on the track, as usual life gets in the way and it never materialized. Last summer while out riding I found myself on 521 driving past CMP while a Ducati club was having a track day and I pulled in to watch for a while and made up my mind to get on the track finally. I started a track bike fund and started putting "fun money" aside while watching the various boards for a deal on a ZX-6 to fall in my lap. Again life got in the way in the form of Leukemia and put everything on hold. The past year has sucked but I've got everything moving forward again, business, home life,etc. and have only 3 sessions to go with chemo before I can resume a "normal" life. In summation to use the old cliche "new lease on life" it's time to do some of those old dreams before it's too late though I have decided jumping out of a perfectly good aircraft is not the smartest thing to do. I hope to make CMP in august as my first track day. Hopefully I'll have a dedicated track bike by then if not I'll wrestle my zed around the track.

I've got a DRZ "S" for sale locally and if anyone knows someone interested in a trade + cash for a track bike in the south east please let me know.

Randy

bugmn20

HondaGalToo;183114 wrote: Welcome! Glad you'll be able to get to the track this year! Best wishes with your continued recovery!
:agree: Welcome to the NESBA family. I have jumped out of airplanes before and its nowhere near as big of a rush as being on the track, so you made the right decision there. Anyway, Like Judy said, best wishes and I hope to run into you at the track someday.

fitz

Kwacker;183105 wrote: I have decided jumping out of a perfectly good aircraft is not the smartest thing to do.
lol, but it's safer, and A LOT cheaper.

Sign up for your track day now! Once you pull that trigger there's no turning back. I'll never forget that first time I hit that "submit" button. After the shock wore off of what I was about to do I was much more motivated to make it happen, gave me a goal to meet, and something to look forward to.

Just do it, only your bank account will regret it. ;)

Welcome to NESBA

fitz

Gorecki

fitz;183127 wrote: lol, but it's safer, and A LOT cheaper.
Ya know fitz, I guess I have more of a unique perspective on that. Someone I cared a lot about was an ultra experienced skydiving instructor. To keep a longer story shorter what it came down to was an improperly packed chute. The primary didn't work and the secondary came out way too late. The end result was they got caught up in powerlines, took thousands of volts and survived!

After dozens of surgeries, they're for the most part in good working order. But with all that in mind, safer...dunno, cheaper doesn't look that way to me. ;)

Anyway, it does enforce that every minute of life is a gift and an opportunity. Make the best of it! There are no do overs!

Welcome!

DFlowe

Randy,
Welcome to Nesba and I'll see you at CMP. It sounds like life has "thrown you a few curves", but you're getting ready to have a lot of fun. Simple advice for your first day would be to just take it easy, work with a Control Rider to show you lines along with a little technique advice and you should be fine. CMP is a great and challenging track.

See you there,