Scooter Jones Crowned Michelin U.S. Champion

Millwoodva

**************** PRESS RELEASE*****************

October 4, 2009

Ryan "Scooter" Jones riding his TeamJAR.com /Capitalmeats.com-sponsored Kawasaki ZX-6R
was crowned the Michelin U.S. Motorcycle Grand Champion after taking 4 WINS at Barber Motorsport Park, Birmingham, Alabama.

Saturday:

In Supersport, Scooter (former Pro motocrosser), was fourth after the first lap..
...his first ever laps on this course were just hours before the race..!
Still learning the track... he methodically passed the other contenders to a 2.3 sec. win
over Suzuki GSX-R600 mounted Blake Cochran. James Brown finished third.

The Superstock race was the Best @ Barber..

Picture this....Scooter on a 6R and others on open 1000cc machinery..
Scooter FTW, ..aggressively used his talent on the last lap, for a .76 sec. win

over CBR1000RR-mounted Chris Steele.
3rd went to Blake Cochran, 1.07 back on his GSX-R600.

Sunday:

The rain soaked Supersport race had several red flags, which lead to a 6 lap sprint to the finish.
Scooter captured his third win by 90 sec.
over Blake Cochran and Mark Miller Jr.

His forth win
in Superstock gave him a clean sweep in the Amateur class..

Congratulations Scooter!!
Well done.

Jeff

Katie785

Awesome job! Just read that in RRW... wish we could have been there .. but as Drew reminded me when i was upset we didnt do the pedal race going by our house yesterday... "can't get involved in everything you seee.. " lol...

CONGRATS, RYAN!! Well deserved! I had a ton of fun racing with you this year!

Rick Johnson

I knew he would clean up there.Last time I spoke with him at Summit he said he might go.I said the way you have been riding you got to go.Good job Jones!

crewnutz

anyone who was using Michelins this year was a fool not to go! those payouts were insane

Katie I cant believe you didnt go, if I were you I wouldve went there rather than the GNF hands down......... :idea: ;)

and congrats to Ryan!