Shenandoah Circuit

Slowzuki

There's any special reason why Nesba doesn't run shenandoah circuit ( Summit Point)? I know TPM does and some other guys... any of you guys been there? It looks like fun... lots of turns...

crewnutz

i know lots of orgs dont do it anymore due to safety issues

i think Roger Lyle is the only guy who still runs trackdays there..........looks like a fun challenging course, ive never tried it out though

JGardy_781

Years ago when the Shenandoah was opened, the complexity of the layout coupled with the proximity of walls and other barriers with little available runoff were cited by the powers that be to decline to book events there.

jls223

Slowzuki;59328 wrote: There's any special reason why Nesba doesn't run shenandoah circuit ( Summit Point)? I know TPM does and some other guys... any of you guys been there? It looks like fun... lots of turns...
Been there quite a few times. I've actually seen more crashes and injuries at Main.

Slowzuki

Roger Lyle's there on monday ( 06/08). I missed NJMP so im going... i can't wait anymore guys!!! its been 1 month since i roll... im getting sick!!!!!!

EngineNoO9

Ridden it and only a few spots concerned me. Granted we didn't run the chicane, we did the bowl turn that day. Main thing besides safety I heard from a friend who used to be a CR back when the place opened was that it was too hard to ride that track and try and turn your head around as a CR and direct traffic, etc... Then of course the safety doesn't help.

Though I think some people are somewhat fooling themselves by thinking main is a whole lot safer. Shenandoah at least is pretty slow. Main there's a lot of walls that are way too close considering the speeds you can run. Thankfully the air fence limits the risk some but turns 3, 4, 6, 8, 9, and 10 are all on my list of wish the walls were further away. Will I stop riding there? nope. Does it make me think twice running with a group who doesn't use air fence vs one that does.

EngineNoO9

Only places on Shenandoah that really worried me were the back section as it can be pretty quick and the wall is really close. TPM didn't run any air fence. I'm told with the chicane most (or all) groups have air fence there as the wall is right there. But you're going really slow. Only 1 other wall was RIGHT there and unfortunately there's too many turns to tell you the number. Once again it wasn't too fast. Just take your time, be smooth, have fun.