Sort of new guy from Georgia

Consciouspilot

Hello all. I joined in October 2011 and did one track day with NESBA at Road Atlanta which is close to where I live. Aside from doing two day's with Keith Code's California Super Bike School at Barber in June 2011 with their bikes, Road Atlanta was the first time I brought my BMW S1000RR to a track, and man-o-man did I have a blast!

I am looking forward to doing more track days this year with NESBA and getting to know other track junkies. I enjoyed the enthusiasm and willingness of other riders to share their knowledge as well as the helpfulness of the NESBA staff and control riders.

Like many of you when you began track days, I am struggling with either getting a full-time track bike versus converting my street legal S1000RR either completely or only when I do track days. I enjoy going to the section with bikes for sale and pondering this dilemma in hopes it will easily be solved.

In looking over the 2012 track schedule I noticed Road Atlanta is not on the list. Is there any reason why?

QUENTQUENT

WELCOME TO NESBA, I too am a little perplexed about the 'no road A' dates on the schedule. A feeling of disappointment overwhelms me lol.

gsxr1000 k8
#613 I group
QUENTQUENT13 username on youtube. SUBSCRIBE!!!!!

dude

A bit disappointed about not seeing road atl dates also. Which day were u there? U know i was debating about getting a track duty bike and when i did the most stupid thing which cracked a fairing i was convinced i need one :)

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

welcome ! there might not be any road atlanta dates yet because it is still early . i am sure over the next month or so they will be added.

Consciouspilot

I was there on Saturday, October 8. My BMW is a 2010 S1000 White with Red and Blue #17. I wore a two piece white and red leathers. That back straight-away is faaasst!:D

Wawazat

Consciouspilot;227913 wrote: I was there on Saturday, October 8. My BMW is a 2010 S1000 White with Red and Blue #17. I wore a two piece white and red leathers. That back straight-away is faaasst!:D
Did I help you load it in the back of your truck at the end of the day? I can't remember what color the bike was... It was an older gentleman that I helped, then we sat and talked for a few minutes. Either way, check out the NOLA days! Not sure where you are in GA, but you might be able to make it out there.

Consciouspilot

Hi there Bryan! You and your friend gave me the assistance I needed getting the bike back into the back of my truck. If you are the same two, I believe I recall you mentioning you are in the service? I may check out the NOLA days - not sure really how much time I am going to have available, but I will do as many track days as possible (finances allowing). I see they have Road Atlanta back on the tentative schedule which is great for me but I certainly am going to try some other tracks as well. Great hearing from you and hope to see ya out there soon!

Wawazat

That was me! You remembered correct. Hope to see you out there!

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk