Speed wakes up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nashoba

Its a step in the right direction. I don't know if i'll watch, but there might be a better chance...

tiggen

Don't know about you all, but I thought the coverage at Miller (WSBK) and Infinieon seemed a little off. I could barely hear the bikes behind the commentators. They sounded so faint. And the camera angles/zooming seemed off. It kind of felt sterile.

Ralph was in top form though. Good thing we could hear him so clearly.

stow

tiggen;59005 wrote: Don't know about you all, but I thought the coverage at Miller (WSBK) and Infinieon seemed a little off. I could barely hear the bikes behind the commentators. They sounded so faint. And the camera angles/zooming seemed off. It kind of felt sterile.

Ralph was in top form though. Good thing we could hear him so clearly.
The Miller WSBK footage seemed odd. It was almost like everything was slowed down compared to the euro footage. Maybe it was the camera angles or the proximity of the cameras to the track.

stow

riddler;59022 wrote: When is that coming?
I have no idea when it happened, but I now have speed in HD on channel 150 with Dish. They still have the channel 150 SD as well. If you have the HD package with Dish you should have Speed HD now.

aowens2

I don't think I have seen a bike race without a messed up zoom shot. You get a whole bike and rider in the screen, next thing your staring into the intake hole.

"Hey, wake up, its getting closer to you!!! ZOOM OUT dumb dumb!!!" -Yeah, I talk to the tv, what about you?

ninjamansc

THE Comstock
Control Rider
I've got comcast and have SPEED HD. If they don't use HD cameras at the races, it won't make much difference. But at least all the other worthless shows will look better.

rcr14

Finally. as i have said.the racing is good.IMO. Speed and DMG are to share in the blame. I like the feed delay anyway. I know Tivo will record it.:adore:

avizpls

#11-A
im good with the delay. It was frustrating when you have a situation in race one that maikes you anxious to see how they do in race 2 tomorrow....I mean-next week.

glad they stepped up and did it. "SPEED heard you LOUD and CLEAR race fans!!!" haha

rk97

stow;59031 wrote: I have no idea when it happened, but I now have speed in HD on channel 150 with Dish. They still have the channel 150 SD as well. If you have the HD package with Dish you should have Speed HD now.
sounds like we both have DishNetwork. if others are not seeing the HD channels, hit the "guide" button a second time. Sometimes they don't come up by default. This seems to happen to me every time i watch anything on my (non HD) projector that runs off the same box as my HD tv.

but yes, SPEED in HD is awesome. I wish they would get some more cameras out there in general, and show the damn replays.

It seems like every time they cut away to someone's crew celebrating the podium, there's an awesome pass for 4th or 5th that we miss. in race 2 for WSBK, they showed (the winner) crossing the line, and totally ignored the 5 bike battle for 3rd/4th, and cut to (the winner) right as the (4th place? rider) crashed out.

they literally changed to the most boring possible shot, DURING a crash in a heated battle.

riddler

I had asked Dish when they were going to add speed to HD, cause DirecTV did it last year. They had no answer. I usually have the guide set to a minimal favorites list cause I get annoyed scrolling through so many channels I don't watch. So I have to check manually which channels they have rolled out in HD.

I now have speed set up in HD. Awesome! Thanks.

stow

riddler;59251 wrote: I had asked Dish when they were going to add speed to HD, cause DirecTV did it last year. They had no answer. I usually have the guide set to a minimal favorites list cause I get annoyed scrolling through so many channels I don't watch. So I have to check manually which channels they have rolled out in HD.

I now have speed set up in HD. Awesome! Thanks.
My 20 month old son actually found it for me. I was watching the race and he grabbed the remote and pressed the channel up button. It went from standard def to wide screen hd. For a minute I was really confused. So I watched the two WSBK race in standard def except for the last 3-4 laps of the second race.