Staying back in the seat.

g_debell757

I am struggling to stay back in the seat. When I do stay back my body is naturally down low on the tank and getting off the bike is way easier with little input. Coming from dirt it's normal to slide up over the tank. Yesterday at njmp t-bolt I was working on trying to stay back but found myself sliding which puts my body all wrong. I found a device that sticks to the tank preventing me from sliding forward. Does anyone have experience with this product? It's from kustom cockpits. I think it would be good until saying back becomes normal then remove it. But then there's the practicality of working on the bike, removing the seat and lifting the tank. I appreciate you input and advice

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230516_042214_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230516_042214_Chrome.jpg
    728 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_20230516_042225_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230516_042225_Chrome.jpg
    327.4 KB · Views: 16

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
If you’re running a stock seat, one of Tom’s spacers on your tank and maybe some skateboard tape on your seat would work to keep you spaced from your tank as well as help keep you from sliding forward.

The subtle texture on my V4S isn’t skateboard tape. But even in jeans I don’t slide forward. Doesn’t take a lot to make a big difference.

tdelegram

Control Rider
If you’re running a stock seat, one of Tom’s spacers on your tank and maybe some skateboard tape on your seat would work to keep you spaced from your tank as well as help keep you from sliding forward.

The subtle texture on my V4S isn’t skateboard tape. But even in jeans I don’t slide forward. Doesn’t take a lot to make a big difference.
D, my way is the only way. There can only be one!

mdhokie

Tank grip products also help you hang off without spending as much energy trying to hold yourself in place.