Stock 07 GSXR 600 on MR12 Dyno Results

splicer4u2

Just got my bike back from the dyno. Bike mods are full Yoshi r-55 system, BMC filter and Bazzaz Z-FI QS and TC.

With 87 non ethanol the bike made 113.99 hp to the tire
With MR12 the bike made 121.12 hp to the tire.

I have the selectable map switch on the handle bar.
Has anyone tuned their bike on MR12? Anyone running non ethanol 87 or 93? The 93 ethanol fuel we pulled from the bike has sat a couple days and the water has started separating from the from the fuel. Nasty stuff.

Any thoughts, comments, questions?

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Bike mods are full Yoshi r-55 system, BMC filter and Bazzaz Z-FI QS and TC.

This would have been better posted in the Tech section.

And the above listed modifications mean it's not stock anymore.

D-Swens

Apparently I didn't drink enough coffee yet and missed the first part of your post... and I didn't mean to sound so irritable :)

Yes the ethanol gas sucks, but you can do just fine with hp on it. Properly tuned for pump gas should be able to get you way better numbers than that 113 I would think... obv every dyno and every bike is a little different... but something seems way off.

And as far as leaving gas in the tank... that 93 Ethanol is WAAAAY better sitting in your tank than race gas. Your fuel pump will be toast if you leave the race gas sitting...

Last edited:

D-Swens

Ok... just dis-regard 99% of my post... I just completely mis-read the top of your post about what bike you had. I am going to have 10 gallons of coffee, and then going to take some reading lessons...

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
TJ,
That's a pretty good tune, you gained 8 more ponies with the MR12. I may have to give the MR12 a try next season.

dsmitty37

Just got my bike back from the dyno. Bike mods are full Yoshi r-55 system, BMC filter and Bazzaz Z-FI QS and TC.

With 87 non ethanol the bike made 113.99 hp to the tire
With MR12 the bike made 121.12 hp to the tire.

I have the selectable map switch on the handle bar.
Has anyone tuned their bike on MR12? Anyone running non ethanol 87 or 93? The 93 ethanol fuel we pulled from the bike has sat a couple days and the water has started separating from the from the fuel. Nasty stuff.

Any thoughts, comments, questions?

Those numbers sound about right. I run non ethanol 93 in my bike (08 GSX-R 600, MJS cat delete into a Yoshi R-77, flashed ecu) and my bike put down about the same before the ecu was flashed and made just over 117 after the ecu flash was done.

MR-12 is go juice in a can...it's an oxygenated fuel so it will make horsepower.

Yeah race fuel must be pulled that day and I would suggest pulling ethanol fuel that day or at the latest the day after an event so you don't toast your fuel pump.

splicer4u2

The tuner told me to go with 87 non ethanol. Said it would make the most power. I'm not a tuner but I would think 93 non ethanol would be the best. Are any of these fuels available at the track?

As for the MR12 the bike should be a beast. I also just bought a ported head for the bike. May wait till next year to install on the bike. Hope the ported head will add another 10hp.
As for the mr12...at $136 for 5 gallons...I'm not sure 8hp is with it.

dsmitty37

The tuner told me to go with 87 non ethanol. Said it would make the most power. I'm not a tuner but I would think 93 non ethanol would be the best. Are any of these fuels available at the track?

As for the MR12 the bike should be a beast. I also just bought a ported head for the bike. May wait till next year to install on the bike. Hope the ported head will add another 10hp.
As for the mr12...at $136 for 5 gallons...I'm not sure 8hp is with it.
If you really want to know...have your tuner run 87 non ethanol and then run 93 non ethanol and see what the dyno reads. Most tracks that I have been to-Road Atlanta, Barber, Mid-Ohio, NJMP that sell fuel, the lowest octane I have seen is 97 octane.
If your not racing then I would say MR-12 is a waste, tune for pump gas and go have fun

D-Zum

If you really want to know...have your tuner run 87 non ethanol and then run 93 non ethanol and see what the dyno reads. Most tracks that I have been to-Road Atlanta, Barber, Mid-Ohio, NJMP that sell fuel, the lowest octane I have seen is 97 octane.
If your not racing then I would say MR-12 is a waste, tune for pump gas and go have fun

Agree with the Agreement!

D-Zum

Another point that just occurred to me is that peak power isn't the ultimate objective when going for a tune/dyno setup on your bike. That amounts to a "mine is bigger than yours" contest.

Generally, how often you use that peak power is very minimal.

What you're looking for by getting fuel injection (Bazzaz/Dynojet), head work, cams, exhaust (motor work in general) done to your bike is improved and increased drive ability. Overall, peak power don't mean squat if your power curve is nothing but peaks and valleys headed to the max power delivery.

I had a 2005 GSXR1000 that made 146HP stock. After a thinner head gasket, cam, milled head and a very nice Akro exhaust were added by the talented folks at Karns Performance and fine tuned with some quality dyno time by Jason Karns, it made 177 at the rear wheel. Did I use all 177? VERY rarely. But the power under 177 was just BUTTER compared to the original 146.

I have a stock 2009 R6 at home that I ride on the street once in a while. Nice bike...motor's pretty good. My current track bike is a 2011 R6 with a Graves Supersport motor in it. Yes, I have to run 100 Sunoco in the Graves motor due to the tune on the motor...but back to back, the 2011 is VERY refined in comparison, and I still use the 11's peak power rarely compared to the rest of the power band.

When Rossi moved to Yamaha, he and Burgess took on the lowest powered bike in the paddock at that time, a bike that wasn't going to win anything. They tuned and refined the motor for torque not power. Burgess himself said, "You use max horsepower once every lap on the straight. You use off corner torque around 15 times every lap." (Not a direct quote, but something like that was what he said).

I also know a guy that rides with N2 on a little SV650 that makes torque, that gives guys on 200HP S1000RR's fits!