Summit Main 9/23 air fence?

Trying to decide if I will sign up for 9/23 on Main and would like to know if it will be left out for our use after the Wera races?

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
I'm 99% sure it will be used for this event, although Andy may need help taking it down.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
vinny337;288161 wrote: I'm 99% sure it will be used for this event, although Andy may need help taking it down.
Didn't Andy retire? I heard he has a replacement. Has that person been contacted to have the airfence available?

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
HondaGalToo;288165 wrote: Didn't Andy retire? I heard he has a replacement. Has that person been contacted to have the airfence available?
He did? first I heard...

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Yup, Andy retired at the end of last season. I'll miss seeing him...I knew him way back from the Pocono days....the PA Posse.

I understand there is someone who took his place.

Control Rider
N2
Andy did retire, but he was replaced by a new employee (volunteer).
I have no doubt that this person has been contacted and air fence arraignments are being made by the responsible parties.
Our members safety is always our number one priority.
I'm sure an announcement will be coming soon.

Chrisk

R9935th;288229 wrote: Our members safety is always our number one priority.
You say that but NONE of the NESBA Summit Main days this year have had air fence deployed...All we have been told is be carefull, there is no air fence to protect you. :dunno:

Control Rider
N2
The air fence located and stored at Summit point is owned by RoadRacing World and managed through CCS. It is inflatable, and requires special care and knowledge to repair each time it is impacted. Because of this, RRW has identified CCS as the single point of contact responsible for deployment and care.
To the best of my knowledge, Andy was a CCS volunteer that NESBA would contact prior to our events for deployment. Since his retirement, the contact person has changed to a CCS representative. My understanding is that this is a minor detail and I'm sure it will be easily managed by NESBA.
Again, to the best of my knowledge, this new process was never communicated to NESBA until we contacted John Ulrich directly on 6/13/13. I'm sure NESBA management has been working through the new process to get our members protected, but as with any new process, it takes time.

The long term goal is to get the non inflatable barriers at summit point so they are easier to manage and deploy. In either case, it will require help from our member base to assist with the deployment and recovery of the air fence to ensure we can continue to use the RRW owned fence.

TPM and WERA own their own air fence for deployment at Summit and are not affected by these changes.

Cbr

I actually registered to post this cuz this aggro's me. I usually ride with tpm, but I rode with nesba last month. None of us could believe there was no air fence up! Now your saying that this "new process" that is taking 3 months to sep up (actually longer) is just calling a new guy? Wtf?? How does it take 3 months + to make a damn phone call???
No thanks, I'll ride with tpm.

Chrisk

R9935th;288257 wrote: The air fence located and stored at Summit point is owned by RoadRacing World and managed through CCS. It is inflatable, and requires special care and knowledge to repair each time it is impacted. Because of this, RRW has identified CCS as the single point of contact responsible for deployment and care.
To the best of my knowledge, Andy was a CCS volunteer that NESBA would contact prior to our events for deployment. Since his retirement, the contact person has changed to a CCS representative. My understanding is that this is a minor detail and I'm sure it will be easily managed by NESBA.
Again, to the best of my knowledge, this new process was never communicated to NESBA until we contacted John Ulrich directly on 6/13/13. I'm sure NESBA management has been working through the new process to get our members protected, but as with any new process, it takes time.
Thank you for your insight on the situation. I understand that NESBA is doing what they can to insure that the air fence is available at future events. It's just a shame that it has taken the whole season. I have been a long time NESBA member and the reason I only ride the main track at Summit with NESBA is there use of the air fence. There are other orgs that use the same track but refuse to use it, there for I don't ride with them.
I know the deployment and retrieval of the fence requires multiple volunteers and we have always had a good crowd everytime I have helped out. Let's hope for a speedy resolution.

Control Rider
N2
Cbr;288277 wrote: I actually registered to post this cuz this aggro's me. I usually ride with tpm, but I rode with nesba last month. None of us could believe there was no air fence up! Now your saying that this "new process" that is taking 3 months to sep up (actually longer) is just calling a new guy? Wtf?? How does it take 3 months + to make a damn phone call???
No thanks, I'll ride with tpm.

As I stated before, safety is always our first priority. Providing our members a safe environment is a core part of our mission statement.
I'm sure the reason we haven't had air fence at our events this year isn't due to someone being too lazy or just too busy to pick up the phone. I have no doubt there are some additional complexities involved with resolving the issues and I'm sure someone with knowledge of the issues will be along to explain. I was only pointing out what I knew, which if you ever met me, you already know is very little.

simon

R9935th;288257 wrote:
TPM and WERA own their own air fence for deployment at Summit and are not affected by these changes.
Thats not quite accurate. WERA, CCS, MARRC and NESBA all use the same RRWAF airfence. Andy was one of the few authorized to deploy and repair it and yes, he retired at the end of the 2012 season because he got tired of the bullshit and lack of help. I know, I was there.