supermoto question

kbonigut

hey anyone ride supermoto in chicagoland, WI, Indiana area? I am thinking about getting into this as something to do in addition to track riding. If you can point me in right direction or share any experience I would appreciate it. Not sure how big of a thing this is in the MW.

Thanks

kbonigut

cool

Hey thanks for info. I am actually looking at RA info now, not bad and you get a bike to use for their class.

Are you guys still planning on Beaver Run in a couple weeks? I saw your prev post on that and I may be going if I can schedule things. That or I may be at Putnam in 2 weeks with someone else.

PatFitz9

CLSB has a fairly active sumo crowd. They should be able to answer any questions you have. You looking for a sumo to use on the street, track or both?

kbonigut

i think both

i think i want something i can ride street and track. I have never ridden on the street but may use the bike on country roads for some fun. I am planning on the Road America supermoto course in Oct, for 350$ they will set me up with a bike and some gear and do a 9 hr course. Some sick bikes out there, but figure I will give it a shot first and then buy one if I like it.

PatFitz9

I know a guy selling a KTM 690 SM that would be perfect for you! (hint: it's me :p)

Sumos generally aren't the best on the streets. Few do well at highway speeds. You're probably looking for something like the KTM 690 or Husqvarna 610/630.