Switching To Water Wetter...

lindr6

...How should I mix it a bottle of water wetter and fill the rest with distilled water?

I read up on it how I should drain and keep running water through the system til all that comes out is water. But just need to know I will be switching this weekend. Thanks:confused:

dogger

There are directions on the bottle. Something like 3 or 4 capfuls per quart of distilled water. Mix. Drain your coolant. Fill with mixture. Run. Let cool. Drain. Repeat 3 more times. Each drain should use about a quart and a half. Make sure to top off when you think you are done. Use caution - don't open a hot radiator cap. Torque the drain bolt - it may thread into aluminum. Thanks for doing this. Take precautions for freezing weather.

Drewbie

I usually buy two gallons of distilled water. Pour a bit out of each gallon. Then put 12 or so cap fulls in each gallon. Drain system. Pour in WW mix. run. Let cool. Repeat 2 more times. That should do it.

lindr6

Great I guess I should of look at the instructions on the bottle but that would have been to easy. I will try to get it done this weekend I do appreciate your replies.

Speaking of 'taking precautions for freezing weather'.........do you guys refill with antifreeze, or just drain and leave empty? Does it really need liquid if it's just sitting over the winter? probably a dumb question, but I've got to find out somehow!

dlockhart5x

jaren warren;13106 wrote: Speaking of 'taking precautions for freezing weather'.........do you guys refill with antifreeze, or just drain and leave empty? Does it really need liquid if it's just sitting over the winter? probably a dumb question, but I've got to find out somehow!

Roll the bike indoors for the iffy fall weather.

Really for winter refilling with anti freeze is good because of the anti corosion protection VS draining.