Tapatalk not working?

darth nater

Staff member
Control Rider
N2
Tapatalk needs reinstalled. I'll do that in the next day or so.

I edited this post twice and it seemed work fine. I assume you clicked edit, made changes, and then clicked save.

ninjamansc

THE Comstock
Control Rider
The edit function works fine on PC, but when on mobile (iPad Safari, Droid Chrome, and Droid Internet browser), clicking the edit makes the text disappear. And I tried using the Preview button with no changes and it says "There is no post content to preview".

Not making a huge deal since I rarely edit posts, just pointing it out.

darth nater

Staff member
Control Rider
N2
ninjamansc;n592355 wrote: The edit function works fine on PC, but when on mobile (iPad Safari, Droid Chrome, and Droid Internet browser), clicking the edit makes the text disappear. And I tried using the Preview button with no changes and it says "There is no post content to preview".

Not making a huge deal since I rarely edit posts, just pointing it out.
I just tried it on my iPhone and I see what you are saying. I'll add it to the list and see if I can find a fix. Thanks for the feedback.

Also - I'm going to continue doing some digging, but apparently Tapatalk is not well ironed out for vbulletin 5. I have it installed, but was having issues getting it to work. Additionally, it doesn't seem they offer the "push" and "unread" features that I'm sure everyone loves (I know I do). This is rather disappointing, but I'm going to keep digging to see if I can find a solution. Until then, leveraging via the browser now that this has a more responsive them may be the better way to go. I know that isn't the answer you were looking for, but best I have at this point. If I get it working, I will be sure to post an update here.

darth nater

Staff member
Control Rider
N2
Tapatalk seems to be working although please note the following:

1. I updated the logo to be N2, however within my tapatalk it did not update everywhere. So it is a mixed bag.
2. vBulletin 5 does not support the "unread" feature just yet, so that is missing.

We will eventually be switching this forum to a new URL and at that time I'll register a new tapatalk forum and send out a notification. This will hopefully give us a clean start. I'll also monitor tapatalk updates so as they release more functionality I'll update accordingly.

Thank you for your patience!

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Thanks, Nate! Tapatalk seems to be working for me now, too. I noticed it says N2 now, and it wouldn't let me log in. I removed it and then put it back and - poof - I was logged in. Dunno what that was all about, but I got emails saying someone was trying to log into my account. LOL.

I haven't tried to post or anything yet.

darth nater

Staff member
Control Rider
N2
HondaGalToo;n592391 wrote: Thanks, Nate! Tapatalk seems to be working for me now, too. I noticed it says N2 now, and it wouldn't let me log in. I removed it and then put it back and - poof - I was logged in. Dunno what that was all about, but I got emails saying someone was trying to log into my account. LOL.

I haven't tried to post or anything yet.
Thanks Judy! Please let me know if you hit any issues. I was able to read and send a PM via tapatalk, but did not try posting to a forum.

darth nater

Staff member
Control Rider
N2
I made sure to install tapatalk for this new forum to avoid any disruption. Please let me know if you have any issues.

darth nater

Staff member
Control Rider
N2
Update...

I created a new Tapatalk account for this new forum. So for users of the old NESBA Tapatalk please search for the new forum in Tapatalk using "N2 Track Talk". You may need to click the "More Communities" button for it to show in the list. Eventually we will shut off the old NESBA Tapatalk.

Thanks and as always, if you have any issues please let me know.

ninjamansc

THE Comstock
Control Rider
I've been out of forum-land and stumbled on all this.

Search for "N2 Forum" and it should come up. Or, just go to web forum on mobile browser and tapatalk popup should appear.

Lovin this. Works like it used to!!!

darth nater

Staff member
Control Rider
N2
Yes sorry, modified the name to N2 Forum to distinguish better. I apologize for all the shuffling around, just trying to get everything switched at once so you guys only have to deal with changing one time.

Good thing is tapatalk for Xenforo has all the features it had for the old vb3, so it should make people happier.