Thunderbolt April 11th GATE CLOSED?!!!

ishp2005

WTF??!!
I've always been able to drive to most tracks and set up "camp" in the pit area. Today I rolled into NJ Motorsport Park (4/11 @1:30 AM) expecting the same thing..WRONG!!! The gate is closed AND the security guy said we have to wait until 7AM to get in!!! WTF??? Since when do NESBA members have to wait to get in the pit area???!!! Did I miss the memo?!:argh:

This is Bull s#!t!!!
Can anyone explain what the F@ck this is about? Why are we waiting for the main gate to open?? @ 7AM!! I don't mind sleeping in the car...but this is rediculous. I guess I'll have to take a piss in the middle of the road.

Mick

I just got an email from Mark Stern. The gate is closing at ten. Everyone should have gotten an email I believe.

hank

I can see a point to having the gate closed - more and more people are starting to camp there the night before and don't want to be awakened throughout the night and early morning by others arriving and setting up their pit area...

You can't please everyone, but at least now the rules are known... :rtfm:

Bifferone

Unless of course you have an emergency and have to get out, I think that it is a great idea to close the gates at night. The idea is to get a good night sleep. There has to still be security roaming the grounds though If you get there too late, set up shop in a parking lot somewhere or get a hotel.

Dave_636

We were told in the rider's meeting on Saturday that the gates closing at 10:00 were a mistake and would not happen again.

Two hours later we got an e-mail saying the gates close at 10:00 unless you previously signed in with the track.

If a mod or someone in the know could chime in and clarify it would be appreciated. I showed up at 10:20 PM and had to camp all night. If anyone saw the world's smallest tent set up in the ravine that was me and my friend...it sucked.

BobbyG

We are working with NJMP management to get this straightened out before our next event so this never happens again. I was told one thing after another and could never get a straight answer. I then asked Mark to send a mass email for everyone registered for Sun of the worst possible scenario, that the gates would close at 10pm. Hoping that everyone would get the word.

Dave_636

Good deal thanks for the heads up. I heard NJMP kept changing their story glad to hear NESBA is looking into it.