Track Newbie Here

LadyCC

Hello all-
I will be doing my first track day on July 1st at VIR. I'm doing the Intro first and if I decide it's for me, I'll sign up for the rest of the day. I've been riding for about 6 years now and have had a thirst for more for quite some time now. I love going to the track and watching my friends get out there, so I couldn't help but want to join in the fun. I thought about drag racing at first, but when I went to my first track day at VIR, I thought "Forget going in a straight line... I want to hit some corners!" We will see how I feel after the Intro... I can't imagine that I would want to quit after that! I have an 06 black, silver, and red GSX-R 1000 that I'll be riding, but if I do like it, I'm debating getting a 600 or 750 track bike. I'm really excited and really nervous all at the same time. Any advice, tips, etc would be greatly appreciated! Feel free to also say hi when you see me there. Can't wait!

Saltman

Welcome! One piece of advice... You might want to go ahead and sign up for the day because just doing the intro will just make you want to ride the rest of the day. if they sell out, it would be hard to sign up after. just go ahead and take the plunge. You are guaranteed to enjoy it! welcome to the addiction!

Sent from my 10min Nesba forum break

LadyCC

Thanks Saltman. That may be a good idea. That's one thing I was worried about... them selling out and then I'd be heartbroken if I wanted to stay the whole day. I'll go ahead and do it!

bmrboy

Welcome,
You could not have picked a better track to ride..
South coarse is sooooo much fun :D My advice to you is
take your time,leave what ever ego you have at home ...
Bring all your common sence,follow the CR"S they show you
the way around don"t worry about being passed ......
Stay in your comfort zone,the rest will come with track time :agree:
It"s your first track day,have fun with it,that is the main idea !!!!!
ENJOY ......

LadyCC

bmrboy;244874 wrote: Welcome,
You could not have picked a better track to ride..
South coarse is sooooo much fun :D My advice to you is
take your time,leave what ever ego you have at home ...
Bring all your common sence,follow the CR"S they show you
the way around don"t worry about being passed ......
Stay in your comfort zone,the rest will come with track time :agree:
It"s your first track day,have fun with it,that is the main idea !!!!!
ENJOY ......
I'm definitely looking forward to it. I've been even watching YouTube videos to get used to what the track looks like. :eek:
Thanks for the advice!

DFlowe

LadyCC,
Welcome to NESBA and I'm sure you're going to have a blast. This sport is addictive and I can't imagine that you won't want to do the entire day. I'll be there too, so I'll see you there.

LadyCC

DFlowe;244950 wrote: LadyCC,
Welcome to NESBA and I'm sure you're going to have a blast. This sport is addictive and I can't imagine that you won't want to do the entire day. I'll be there too, so I'll see you there.
Awesome! What bike will you be riding? I may ask you to watch me and give me some pointers if you ride with the B group... I can use all the help I can get!

Cycleeric

Myself and my girlfriend Andee will be at South on the 1st. It will be our 3rd day riding with NESBA at VIR and we cant wait to get back out there. Trust me you will not regret going ahead and buying the whole day

LadyCC

Cycleeric;245035 wrote: Myself and my girlfriend Andee will be at South on the 1st. It will be our 3rd day riding with NESBA at VIR and we cant wait to get back out there. Trust me you will not regret going ahead and buying the whole day
That's great that you two do that together! I'll be on the lookout for you guys.