track noob from NoVA

Spudstr

Hello,

My name is Zak and I've been riding on street for about 5 years now and always had a interest in track days since I 've had many friends take part in them. I have a 2004 R6.

Anywho thanks to one of my friends Mike who took me to VIR on 7/17 I had an ABSOLUTE BLAST. rebuilding my confidence after low siding on the street a few years ago slowly but surely. After the first two sessions and looking at my shiney new tires mike pointed out that I was getting down pretty good considaring my tire wear marks :cheers:

Anyway I am hooked now and probably going to stop riding on the street and turning my bike into a track bike as I have now picked up a new obsession.

I rented leathers and they were a size 50. was that US 50 or Int 50? looking at it could go really anyway. I am 5'8 and 210lbs and have a size 36ish waist.

trekuhl

Control Rider
welcome, its prob a european sizing im 5'10" 160lb and mine is a 48 but thats 38 in US and i have a 37.5 chest so makes sense eh? course diff suits will fit differently so YMMV.

what part of NOVA? im in ffx. just got up with nesba bout a year ago as well. get ready to have an empty wallet. if you have a GF dump her now. if you have a wife, well i hope you have a pre-nup.

-trekuhl

Spudstr

I'm oven in ashburn, I don't have a truck or trailer and currently convoy with my buddy but he might not be able to make as many track days as I can so i'm always open if people have room :)

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
i have a sick addiction....either check this board or vasportbike.com to check for rides

in richmond

gixxernoob

Spudstr;70852 wrote: I'm oven in ashburn, I don't have a truck or trailer and currently convoy with my buddy but he might not be able to make as many track days as I can so i'm always open if people have room :)

Sup! I'm from ffx-va and just started doing track days... when is your next one?

Ron P

Welcome! I live in Fairfax (opposite GMU). Ride a '02 Gixxer 600. Recently took the Pridmore ourse at VIR and eager to apply what I learned as soon as I finish rebuilding the Gixxer. I have a 6x10' trailer and can probably haul one other bike.

gixxernoob

Ron P;71656 wrote: Welcome! I live in Fairfax (opposite GMU). Ride a '02 Gixxer 600. Recently took the Pridmore ourse at VIR and eager to apply what I learned as soon as I finish rebuilding the Gixxer. I have a 6x10' trailer and can probably haul one other bike.

I live in ffx corner so you are just a few miles away from me... when is your next track day?

Ron P

It depends on how quickly I get my Gixxer back together. I have to do a fork rebuild and complete some bodywork. August is out of the question since I have trips planned three out of four weekends. September is probably the earliest I'll get on the track.

Spudstr

I am up for whatever track days I can hitch a ride on during august. September is sketchy due to a mass hoard of weddings every weekends.

Pop me a pm with track days you guys are going and i'll see if i'm available for them.

trekuhl

Control Rider
im by ffx circle. i can fit a 2nd bike in th eback of my tacoma (doesnt look like it but done many times).

im en route to roadA right now :) doing njmp aug 8-9 and beaverun aug 29-30 i think? prob hit summit that wkend beginning of Sept.

-trekuhl

NewShockerGuy

gixxernoob;73249 wrote: which one did you signed up for?
I signed up for the New Jersey Motorsports Park on August 7th. It's a friday. My friend called me yesterday and said want to do a track day. I said YES!! Since this is my first one I am so freaking exceited!!! He said ok cool lets do it on friday since saturday and sunday will probably be more packed..etc

I hope to take away a lot of knowlege and learning experience.

-Nigel