Track question?

gixxerkitten

We are going to Blackhawk on July 4th and 5th. I have never been on that track. So I was wondering should I do the free 20 min sessions? or are those for the test the track people thats never rode on a track before?

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
if you signed up for those dates and paid for them, then you cannot do the introduction sessions..as those sessions run simultaneous with the first two sessions of the day

danch

The intro folks run in the first 2 B group sessions. The CRs keep the pace down a bit in those, for many good reasons. Just line up in the back, try to relax (I know it's hard!) and you'll be fine!

gixxerkitten

thanks guys! I have been to the gateway and did pretty good on it, but I was in the novice class. going to a new track makes me a little scared!

Wink

Blackhawk Farms Raceway is WAY safer than Gateway and a lot better layout. Sign up, get out there and have some fun. Autobahn is over an hour closer to you and is the following weekend, consider checking out that one as well.

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
no worries...and no need to be scared..the first two laps of the first two sessions with NESBA are more like sighting laps...speeds are low and the CR's take you through the lines...though it does feel weird trying to do the lines at such a low speed...

ENJOY!

beac83

The first session or two, the CR's will be emphasizing showing the line in B group. The pace will be slower than normal those first sessions, while everyone familiarizes themselves with the track and the line.

You will be fine. Blackhawk is a somewhat technical track with lots of turns. Here is a track map to study in advance:
http://www.trackdaymag.com/uploadedFiles/BlackHawk.pdf

We'll see you out there. Stop by and say Hi.

gixxerkitten

beac83;63707 wrote: The first session or two, the CR's will be emphasizing showing the line in B group. The pace will be slower than normal those first sessions, while everyone familiarizes themselves with the track and the line.

You will be fine. Blackhawk is a somewhat technical track with lots of turns. Here is a track map to study in advance:
http://www.trackdaymag.com/uploadedFiles/BlackHawk.pdf

We'll see you out there. Stop by and say Hi.

ummm my number on my bike is 83 also! looks like YOU
will have to change your number! :D just kidding! is it ok there are 2 numbers the same? Because I dont mind changing my number.

Wink

No problems with multiple bikes with the same numbers. Just make sure that they are visible and that the number matches what you have registered in the NESBA system in your profile. (You can change your number at anytime in your profile)

gkotlin

gixxerkitten;63680 wrote: We are going to Blackhawk on July 4th and 5th. I have never been on that track.
Don't worry if your going to sign up and ride the whole day or weekend. We all go to new tracks. We all have to learn them cold. Take a look at a track map and get an idea of what turn direction is next. If your unfamiliar with the track, just stay with a control rider the first two sessions and learn the layout. If you need more help, just ask. It's why we are there. Blackhawk is an easy track to learn.

gixxerkitten

is there a place we can pre reg? and if we do how much will it be? sorry to ask a lot of questions just trying to get everything sorted out before we go. And thanks guys for all your answers.

gixxerkitten

so I tried over and over to register and it keeps telling me that I have to create an account! which I did....F^ck it im just going to show up and hope there is an opening!

justintime_3

gixxerkitten;63680 wrote: We are going to Blackhawk on July 4th and 5th. I have never been on that track. So I was wondering should I do the free 20 min sessions? or are those for the test the track people thats never rode on a track before?
No worries you can just TRY to follow me around! HAHA! Hope your ready

headstart

gixxerkitten;65156 wrote: so I tried over and over to register and it keeps telling me that I have to create an account! which I did....F^ck it im just going to show up and hope there is an opening!
Try emailing info@nesba.com or calling 1-877-AT-NESBA, to see if they can get you sorted out. Since this is your first time with us and at BHF it is probably worth a few minutes to figure out how to pre-register.

If you pre-register you can save yourself some time and stress the morning of the event by eliminating having to do registration paperwork on-site after you have just rolled into an unfamiliar paddock. If you pre-register you can print out your release forms for both days and bring them with you to the tech inspection and take care of it all at the same time.

rk97

gixxerkitten;65156 wrote: so I tried over and over to register and it keeps telling me that I have to create an account! which I did....F^ck it im just going to show up and hope there is an opening!
that's not likely to happen...

did you create an account and log in on www.nesba.com? A forum account won't allow you to register for trackdays.

don't mean to be insulting by saying that, but people have confused the two before. You'll also need to purchase a membership if you haven't done so already.

gixxerkitten

rk97;65176 wrote: that's not likely to happen...

did you create an account and log in on www.nesba.com? A forum account won't allow you to register for trackdays.

don't mean to be insulting by saying that, but people have confused the two before. You'll also need to purchase a membership if you haven't done so already.
yup thats what I did! :banghead:
so I finally got it done and I will see you all there sunday! thanks for all your help.