Tracks We Ride

Kurt

Control Rider
Why doesn't N2 have Track Days at Carolina Motorsports Park? It seems like it would be a great experience.

rob92

Control Rider
N2
Scheduling is always a tough job: securing dates AND securing dates that work for any club. Not to mention their putting up for sale in late 2014 gave us a little pause. But like all things, we're always considering new dates/venues.

Kurt

Control Rider
Thanks Rob. I almost didn't join N2 since we don't ride that track. There are at least four other Track Day organizations that do go there, so I can understand how it might be hard to find open dates. I've heard from some others who would ride there as well if we could get it into our schedule. Hopefully next year???

By the way Rob, I'm a recent transplant from Upstate NY. I used to love riding the NYST. As a matter of fact, that's where my avatar photo was taken. That might be another place to consider going, Greg is a great Track Boss too. I'll not likely be going back due to the distance involved, but it was great while it lasted.

moman

NESBA ran at NYST the first year it was open but after the way Greg treated them I can't imagine N2 ever going there. I'm only 1 1/2 hours from NYST but more than happy to travel to other tracks to ride with N2. NYST also runs 4 groups(sometimes including a car group) almost every weekend and I hate that.

Kurt

Control Rider
I do understand. Last year the neighbors protested, which kept the attendance down allowing for three groups, and no cars were allowed. I've noticed on their Facebook page that the "cages" are back again this year. Well, it was good for a year anyway. One of the days I was there it rained all afternoon. Almost everyone left, so me and about 3 or 4 others had open track for hours!

NH_to_MS

Expanding the range a bit, I would like to see NOLA Motorsport park near New Orleans added to the schedule for those of us in the south.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kurt

Control Rider
I've heard some other things about NYST, and I understand the frustration. I was just fortunate enough to have been going there during "the year of the protesters", which kept the cages off the track, and the attendance down. Vary glad to be in the south now.

I spoke with some of the N2 staff at Road Atlanta last weekend who said that Carolina Motorsports Park is a wonderful facility, but we're not there this year only due to scheduling difficulties. I sure hope those issues are resolved for 2016, as I'd love to go there with N2.

And lastly; my first experience with N2 was fantastic! Thank you N2 staff for going the extra mile regarding rider safety, training, and all around concern. You have my most sincere gratitude. Thank you.