Trailer Tips/Tricks

Laszlo

Howdy all,
got an enclosed trailer within the past year and thought I'd both share what I found helpful to have in it, etc., as well as elicit anything else that folks have added, modified, or tips or tricks with it --as a way to share knowledge and benefit us all.

Things I found helpful, in no particular order:
  • track maps laminated and stapled near loading door (and extra printed in case)
  • small white board, with foldable stand, to make quick reminders on as well as to annotate the laminated track maps (I take pics of all and then organize in Evernote which I use for many personal things)
  • hangars to hang stuff from ceiling metal joists or whatever they're called
  • optional: moth balls to keep mice away (and now a fake owl to keep birds out . . . one was mostly done building a nest; kudos on quick building)
  • rags and trash bags
  • few 2x4 pieces and an about 6' 1x12
  • kitty litter or something for gas spills
  • common things such as: canopy and canopy weights and bungee cords, reclineable foldable chair, small foldable table
  • I have an electric battery/solar generator that is great for my suit dryer and helmet dryer
  • Monimoto in case someone steals my trailer . . .
  • this does not include track related items which I bring but do not keep in trailer

Be well all,
Laz

Laszlo

Pitbull TRS. :)

I also keep a fire extinguisher in mine.
just put the F/E on the list. Have one in truck but not in trailer; I also have a fix a flat that I forgot to put in there (have a spare but I've had horrible luck this year w/ flats = 3 on bike (2 on the Thruxton which still has inner tubes so that was not great) and one on truck. I-476 near Philly is not my jive.

MK3Brent

Treebeard
As an aside: @MK3Brent and @NothingClever I’m going to do a Grad Yamaha session in Spring 2024 (I understand that one will be scheduled), hope to see you there or at NJMP before then (that’s where I’m spending remaining of year for track days owing to work schedule).
Enjoy it!
I'll be doing mine next year sometime too, or possibly just a 1 on 1 day with Stefano if he has the availability.
Next year I also want to make that trip farther north to trying NJMP and PITT. Might have to make a vacation out of it.

Laszlo

PM me when you’re at NJMP or Pitt. I try to hit Pitt at least once a year and NJMP is merely 45 minutes from me. Stefano is on fire this year at MotoAmerica IMO; I hope to see him and others when they hit NJMP. In late September.