U.S. Slicks are here and kicking ASS !!!!

Lonewrench

Hey Guys,
Just wanted to let you know the new Dunlop slicks made in the good ole U.S. of A are here. NESBA/Performance Cycleworx were the first ones to have them for sale in the country thanks to Big Buddy Bru. If you have not tried this tire you are crazy. Racer cost is 269.50, thats 50.00 bucks cheaper than the U.K. rubber. John Allen ran a set at VIR this weekend and went faster than he ever went and it was seamless. The wear is great and again the savings is where its at. The U.S. slick front will be out shortly but in the meantime you can acompany your U.S. rear slick with any Ntec front 211 gp,211gpa,it doesnt matter they all work great together. This weekend we will have these rears in stock but with limited numbers again, If you would like to save the sales tax pre order and pay by CC just give us a buzz and I will make sure they are waiting for you this weekend.
You guys are the best :adore:

noobinacan

I heard about these new slicks...
sounds great. price looks good too.

What's the difference between these and ntec slicks ?
compounds offered ?

thanks

Lonewrench

as of now there really isnt a huge difference. The tire is a 200 but it is the same shape and profile as the UK rubber I am told. The biggest difference is the 50 clams off the UK tire :eek: I have been encouraging follks not to change anything, ride the tire first,if there are issues get a tissue! Just kidding. Seriously a wise man told me not to look for trouble, lets not look to open a can of worms here, If you mount the tire it will work fine then if there are issues we can adjust suspenion/geometry at that point.

bmrboy

slicks,ha

well chuck,

we had this conversation saturday,what do you think i should do?? the q2s front is ok ,but rear should last this weekend
3 days on a rear seems a bit short,if i go for it ,would like front & rear. let me know what you think,p/m me about pricing
see you sat...
mike grady :D

Lonewrench

I'm honestly hoping that Dunlop will be producing enough to keep us in the red. That being said I dont see how they will being as though the tire is so good and so cheap. All we can do is hope for now.:)

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Chuck,

These US Slicks are a 200/55 correct?

So, for those of us on 600's and 750's with 5.5" rims, what's the effect on the profile?

I have a set of Carrozzeria's on my GSXR750, so my profile should be as Dunlop designed/intended, but I still have a concern that if I run that tire on this bike, will there be room?

Will it rub the chain? Swingarm?

I'm not as concerned about room/clearance on my GSXR1000.

I would have emailed you the question, but I felt it may be valid for more than just myself..others may have the same questions, so why answer them twice, right?

Thanks for your time as always, Sir!

Lonewrench

I spoke to Dunlop today, the tire is actually the same size even though it's labled a 200, bolt it on and go. And yes we have used them for testing on gsxr 600's and R6's :)

physicistkev

Control Rider
I put a set of these on my bike (06 zx6r) for the VIR endurance day on the 12th. It's quite a tire, providing a ton of grip and after a day, they look very good. The tires are expensive, but would appear to give many more days of useful life than the 211's would. They just wont work in the rain as well as a treaded tire :) I would happily recommend them.

Kevin

JRA

Just FYI the soft rears are off the hook! I put a lot of laps on one on Sunday and it still looks great. That thing was so hooked up it made me a lot better than I really am.:D I need a big stack of those things!

noobinacan

That's great to hear.
I'll be going this route after the medium R10's lasted me only two days at VIR
vs
last set of 211 soft lasted 6 days. (5 of them VIR)