Velocity Stacks?? Are they worth it?

LesPow

Control Rider
Need to beef up my HP a little and thinking of reflashing ecu. How about Velocity Stacks? CBR 600RR.

justintime_3

Its kind of an unclear proof positive answer. Some say no, some say yes. I do believe that the AMA guys run them so there must be some benefit. I have also heard that it may help with throttle control, smoother power. Not sure if theres any truth to that though. I went through hell trying to get factory ATTACK kawasaki ones and ended up buying two of them but could not find the other two sizes at any dealership anywhere. So good luck. I know there is some aftermarket companies selling them but thier pretty expensive.

gkotlin

I would think, bang for your buck, they are pretty low. I can't imagine it's going to be anything noticeable. I would think the benefit would be negligible unless you're also putting out the money for testing and tuning on the dyno.

LesPow

Control Rider
gkotlin;228212 wrote: I would think, bang for your buck, they are pretty low. I can't imagine it's going to be anything noticeable. I would think the benefit would be negligible unless you're also putting out the money for testing and tuning on the dyno.
For sure, I would do a dyno test, re-mapping esp. after the ECU reflash.

Found this on Wera --
--- (-Genuine HRC velocity Stacks(Rare, 3 weekends, kits go for $1300+)-$600)---

Cant seem to find genuine HRC stack online but found this http://www.factorypro.com/products/vstacks_Honda.html For $325.00

DFlowe

I put them on my 750 and took them off after a short period of time. I couldn't detect any change from them at all, except for a lighter wallet.

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
You won't have a huge noticeable difference with them, Allen had them on his GSXR. Hit'em up

LesPow

Control Rider
I need to get the 2012 Aprilia RSV4 whose cylinders are fed by an airbox with dynamic air intakes, ECU controlled variable length velocity stacks!!! Almost bit my tounge.....Rass...

LOrtega

Control Rider
You want bang for the buck drop upto 10 lbs on the bike and get a Lithium battery .. thats 1+ HP for about 150 bucks :)

NickMcCoy

I was told by a good engine builder that shorter velocity stacks on the GSXR 600 would give you 1-2 hp on top with a small decrease in midrange, I never tried it because it's not SS legal but I couldn't imagine spending hundreds of dollars for that. He also said you could get about the same gains by cutting the stock ones, not sure if other bikes have plastic stacks but that would be alot cheaper. Anyone ever heard this or tried it?

Danboy

Stacks alone arent worth it. It will change your power delivery mosting with just stacks. I did some mild motor work to my 05 CBR with the help of an old M$/KWS motor builder. Ill be happy to share what I did and got out of mine. Prebuild I got 103 pump and 106 u4. Post build I got 115 pump and 121 u4. Let me know

LesPow

Control Rider
LOrtega;228889 said:
You want bang for the buck drop upto 10 lbs on the bike and get a Lithium battery .. thats 1+ HP for about 150 bucks :)[/QUOTE

Sell that $#it Lou!

LesPow

Control Rider
Danboy;229076 wrote: Stacks alone arent worth it. It will change your power delivery mosting with just stacks. I did some mild motor work to my 05 CBR with the help of an old M$/KWS motor builder. Ill be happy to share what I did and got out of mine. Prebuild I got 103 pump and 106 u4. Post build I got 115 pump and 121 u4. Let me know
Cool..Thx

Motofun352

Control Rider
Velocity stacks are for "tuning" the intake, much the same as exhaust diameter/lentgh is for tuning the exhaust. Gains at high revs will(may?) cause losses at lower revs. If you are very good at spinning that thing constantly in the upper rev range it might help a little. If you're like me and frequently end up in mid-rev range it probably will hurt more than help.
Pro? go for it! Trackday guy? Meh