VIR 4/6, Thank You!

Brian16

I just wanted to say what a great time I had out at VIR yesterday! I think the group as a whole ran great. Everyone seemed to be playing by the rules and it was a great day overall.

I also wanted to say a special thank you to CR Lenny for working with me and giving me pointers throughout the day. It really helped to get my feet out further off the pegs and I was able to move on the bike easier. CR Aaron also worked with me on the last session and gave me some great feedback! Thanks to all the CR's and the N2 team!

I was really working on getting my bump to "I", but fell short. I was back on the treadmill this morning and will be in the gym this afternoon. With the help from the CR's and training I know it's up to me to work on the things I need to improve. Thank you again for a great day! And the guys from Fayetteville- I had a blast running with you guys!

akunochi

Infield capability evaluator
Hey we wanted to say thank you again as well! The "Military guys" on the Ducati's had an amazing time and we can't wait to be back on the track. I want to thank the CR's for all the pointers and the work you did with use. I was watching my videos when I got home and my lap times spend up a ton with better trail braking and smoother lines. Too bad I went off roading at the hog pen.

Also I wanted to let everyone know that Mike O is doing well after his low side on the red Panigale on the roller coaster. He's a little bruised up be up and doing well.

Lenny ZX9R

Control Rider
Hey Brian! It was great to meet you and your wife!
You just keep working on all the things that I and Arron talked to you about and you will make that goal of getting to the "I" group!
You did improve significantly throughout the day and it showed in your riding! Remember that a byproduct of proper technique is speed! I look forward to seeing you at more track-days and getting you to the next level! ;)

Lenny ZX9R

Control Rider
akunochi, I'm glad that Mike O was ok after his oops in the hog-pen! He was really riding well and when I turned around he wasn't there, I figured he went off.
Everyone in your group were doing well, you guys were working with a National Champion, Arron Borello!

akunochi

Infield capability evaluator
Lenny,

I hope we get a chance to work with you and Aaron again. You guys really helped us cut some time off the laps and pick up speed. Next time I am going to focus on the line down the roller coaster. I'm still running narrow headed into the hog pen due to a not pushing it hard enough to arc out the approach line.

Lenny ZX9R

Control Rider
akunochi, its good to hear that you have a plan when you get back to the track! Its good to think ahead! Get a notebook or smartphone and write down what you"d like to get out of the NEXT trackday!
We look forward to riding with you guys next time!

HyperPaul

Also I wanted to let everyone know that Mike O is doing well after his low side on the red Panigale on the roller coaster. He's a little bruised up be up and doing well.

Thanks for letting us know!

It was an awesome day at VIR and finished off the perfect weekend at Road Atlanta. A big thanks goes out to Rob and Lenny for all the advice and time spent working with me.

-The guy on the Hypermotard

bigshug1

What an awesome time! I've only ridden on the track a handful of times but yesterday was, by far, my best and fastest day out...now to work on body positioning!

To all the military guys - had a great time talking with all of you...it hit me after I left that I never officially introduced myself...lol - call it the "track day jitters" I suppose :D

Looking forward to riding with all of you again SOON

~Shane AKA the-guy-on-the-ZX6R-driving-the-silver-Tacoma

Lenny ZX9R

Control Rider
Hey Paul! You really made that Motard move! It was fun working with you! You have to get another bike to compliment the Motard, like lets say a Ducati 848 or 1198! You will learn a different style of riding that suits the medium and bigger tracks! We look forward to working with you again Paul! See you out there soon!

rhill

Thanks to everyone with N2 and everyone who attended! VIR was an amazing end to a first weekend with N2.

BTW http://picsofyou.com/ just got the images up; they look pretty good!

Couple videos from the advanced sessions:

bigshug1

I totally looked like an action figure perched on top of my ZX6...lol

That said, my body position was getting a little more relaxed by the end of the day - can't WAIT for the next session...

Jester

Yamahawkins
Control Rider
Director
Took me a few sessions to learn it but after getting a tow from muskie it all fell into place. Had a great time!