VIR North 6/12

Blinky

I'm not a musician but what do you have planned? I might have to see if I can do that Sunday instead of Saturday if you guys are Rocking it....

Well, I'm waiting for the green light from our lovely sponsors (NESBA), and for some other musicians to chime in. Just a drummer and bass player who can do some classic rock would be great. I think it would be cool to crank it up at lunch hour. Wonder if the track owners would GAS about the "noise"??? It would be pretty amuzing (sic) if they complained.

This is a no-go folks. maybe during the evening between consecutive track days, but evidently lunch break is quiet time for a high percentage of riders.

kawaholic

so will you be there saturday too? is it riders quiet time or the mandatory sunday quiet time? maybe you could do it saturday during lunch or better yet saturday evening.

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
I am sure it was a good idea, but lunch is not the time to plan stuff. Ya got a shuttle of people doign different things. B group is just coming off the track, A guys are getting their tires changed and getting ready for 1 o'clock, and I guys are wondering around the paddock aimlessly :p

evening would be much better

IF (and only if) I can get a drummer and bass player on board, I would come Saturday afternoon-ish. Otherwise, I'll just roll in early Sunday morning like last time.

Just a thread bump, in case there might be some head-bangers who can jam with me Saturday night. It would make the weekend really special to me, a chance to have fun on the bike and give something back to others by playing. I'm pretty excited about doing a bike demo too. Who knows, maybe jump from "wings" to "big blue"???? (or maybe just two-time them like the pig I really am!)

cbr_600rr_freak

During business hrs no one wants to hear that. We are focuses on how to improve our times. But after track day is over its game on!!!

JRA

daddyfriedrich;186216 wrote: Just a thread bump, in case there might be some head-bangers who can jam with me Saturday night. It would make the weekend really special to me, a chance to have fun on the bike and give something back to others by playing. I'm pretty excited about doing a bike demo too. Who knows, maybe jump from "wings" to "big blue"???? (or maybe just two-time them like the pig I really am!)
Just FYI, they won't allow us to play loud music as per the VIR contract, and even if they would there would be at least a few people who would complain. We had at least half a dozen complaints at Barber when they were playing music over the PA testing their system for the Indy race the following weekend (all classic rock type stuff), and that only lasted about twenty minutes.

An acoustic guitar should be fine, but plugged in amplifiers are definitely a no go. Doesn't matter the time of day. Please don't make this an issue with the track, we typically have enough to deal with already.