VIR Roll Call? Anybody?

CBRtist

I am *forecasted* to be there. Any MA compadres in attendance? Better yet... Any new SE friends I can make? It will be my first VIR experience. Any advice from seasoned pros appreciated ;)

physicistkev

Control Rider
Track is very nice. Technical and flowing. Bathrooms and showers are located right near the snack bar, which is to the far right when you enter the paddock. Lots of places to watch other sessions, which I suggest people do. There are some challenging areas of the track to get the right line. However, when you do, the improvements come easily.

Oh, and the straight isn't straight. Make it a goal to hold the throttle wide open the length of the "straight".

It's 30 minutes to civilization, much like most tracks, so bring what you need unless you like burning time to go places.

Oh yeah.... I'm in.

corvettechris

I will be there. Arriving in our coach when the gates open tomorrow. I doubt I know anyone in the club these days as I have been out of racing since 2009. I used to race CCS. I have been doing some track days in my car, but finally able to get back to the track on the bike. I used to be a member of the club back when it had another name. Been a long time. Looking forward to getting some time at VIR. I love the course and the facility. I only raced it once in CCS and did pretty poorly because I never rode it before the practice sessions before the race. I'll probably do worse now as I have been off of the track so long. But... still excited to be back.

To answer the previous question, you can get in the track at 5:30 Thursday. we'll be there at that time and camping overnight Thurs and Fri.

P.S. I have a GSXR 750 rear wheel and rain race tire for sale, and will have it with me.

Last edited:

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
You're gonna LOVE IT Wendy!!!! It's one awesome facility.