Warmers: ChickenHawk Vs Woodcraft

Lonewrench

The Woodcraft stuff rocks I ordered ten sets for the SE region,unfortunately they are at least 5 weeks back ordered. I went with the next best option in my opinion,Suzuka made by CHR. I will have single and dual temps in stock for Barber April 2-3. When my BO comes in I will have both in stock and will get anything youwant. The Woodcraft switch is being re-designed as well.

Cyclepath

Chickenhawk FTW Made in NY by David Podolski. Stiched, designed, labeled, etc..... Good Ol' USA Baby...

Woodcraft, made in China....:meatball:

bmart

Control Rider
If the new switch is an improvement, do you think current warmer owners can make the swap in the field? Mine are brand new...

Lonewrench

I know you can with Performance Cycleworx as long as they have never been used :) Dont forget they are on BO for another 5 weeks though :(

trailmug

Macon663;178890 wrote: I've been using T2 warmers for the past 4 years. Very reliable and the price is right. Never had any issues and they always heat up quickly. Couldn't ask for a better product.

http://www.tenn2cycles.com/warmers.html
How much do you run them? A friend and I both bought a set for the beginning of last year's season, and both of his had cooked themselves on the tire (contact was good because it left a burn mark on the rubber where the wire burned out), and my rear did the same thing. Probably around 16 track days on each.

Cyclepath

Also FYI Chicken hawks standards and pole position have the quick disconnect that wont let you pull your warmers off without turning the power off.

Cyclepath

Lonewrench;179067 wrote: The Woodcraft stuff rocks I ordered ten sets for the SE region,unfortunately they are at least 5 weeks back ordered. I went with the next best option in my opinion,Suzuka made by CHR.
FYI Suzuka is not made by CHR. They are owned by CHR, and David has made some design improvements, but he imports them to compete in the lower priced market.

They are good compared to many of the other imports, but not of the same quality as the Chicken Hawks...

speedster_chris

Cyclepath;179100 wrote: Chickenhawk FTW Made in NY by David Podolski. Stiched, designed, labeled, etc..... Good Ol' USA Baby...

Woodcraft, made in China....:meatball:

THANK YOU for looking to see where things are made!!!!!

It's always a bummer to see smaller companies based in the US have their products made in China. I'm buying from a US company because I want Made In USA!!! Especially for things I rely on when on the track!! Being manufactured in any country does not necessarily mean it's better or worse, it just really really almost always is better (made in the USA) or worse (made in China).

Now back to the tire warmers discussion... :D

pearsonm

I know from a bad experience within a year of purchase that KrosswerX are made in Pakistan and are not cost or time effective to repair. With my budget I decided to snag a good, used pair of C-Hawk's and another set of Suzuka's as backups.

I hate the hassle involved with warmers and can't wait for the day when tire technology makes them obsolete.

noobinacan

pearsonm;179367 wrote: I know from a bad experience within a year of purchase that KrosswerX are made in Pakistan and are not cost or time effective to repair. With my budget I decided to snag a good, used pair of C-Hawk's and another set of Suzuka's as backups.

I hate the hassle involved with warmers and can't wait for the day when tire technology makes them obsolete.
Welcome to the future :p

http://trackdaystore.3dcartstores.com/Pirelli-Tires-Superbike-Pros-Set-1905517--1207017_p_2524.html

speedster_chris

I've been using the 211 GP-A's w/out tire warmers just fine. I let them sit in the sunlight, and am gentle on them when I first go out - plenty of grip and life out of them for me!!