Weird GSXR question

JerseyB

Guys do any of you have an 06-07 GSXR 600 with Wood Craft frame sliders? If so can you post pics of them for me?
I'm buying a set soon, and am very curious as to the location of where the puck comes out of the fairing.

I know this is retarded, but ummmm.........yeah.:dunno:

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
On the riders' right, the engine mount bolt is exposed, there's a small hole cut out around it. That's one. Directly opposite of it, on the other side, covered by the bodywork, is the other. My bike's apart so I can't take a pic right now. You'll need to cut both sides of the fairings to accomodate...with a 2 inch hole cutter.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
BrokenWing;150754 wrote: I am be ordering a set of those and I was wondering if the company supplies a template?

Rich

Nope, you just need to carefully line up with your bodywork. Some folks use a laser. I've also heard of putting putty on the back of the plastics and making an imprint of where the bolt is. I just kind of eyeballed it and drilled a small pilot hole. Then I put the bodywork back on and made sure that small hole was right in the center of the bolt before drilling the final large hole. I used a 2 inch hole cutter for the Woodcraft puck, perfect size. I used the kind with the drill bit in the middle of the larger hole cutter, with a piece of 2x4 underneath the plastics. The drill bit part bit into the wood, stabilizing everything, so I got a good clean hole. I also taped up around where I was drilling.