WERA Classes

NCDave

So, seeing the WERA threads got me to thinking. I looked over the rules on the WERA site, and it appears that I could ride:

B Superstock Novice on my Superhawk
C Superstock Novice on my TT600
Heavyweight Twins Superstock Novice on my XB9R
Mediumweight Senior Superbike Novice on my TT600
Heavyweight Senior Superbike Novice on my Superhawk.

Did I read the groups correctly?

I'm not thinking about this for 2010 though. Perhaps 2011. For 2010, I'm planning to work on form, cornering speed, and control. I went to mylaps.com and from the times in the groups I looked at, I'd be slightly above the bottom of the groups. I figure another year of learning and I might be mid-pack. That's all I could really ask for from an old guy! :D

JVance

You pretty much have it. You'll have to pick a Sr. group as they run all the Sr. races together. Jump in in 2010. It is a lot of fun. You'll finish better than you think. I am in Mebane, NC and there is normally a group of us (NESBA and NC'ians) at the March WERA race each year. Contact me if you have questions or need some help.

John
WERA Exp

I started doing trackdays on a Superhawk. Great bike, though I have only seen one person racing one.

NCDave

Well, my racing interest isn't really in winning, just in having some fun and experiencing it. I have no illusions that I'm that good. :)

I just started riding on the track in 2009 on my TT600 and recently on my SH, so I really want another year to work on my technique/form/cornering to improve my skills. With the "other" company, I was mid-intermediate, so I plan to do a beginner group with NESBA and then get to intermediate to practice some this year. I do plan to go to some of the tracks during WERA events to check it out. at least at CMP if nothing else. I just don't think I'm quite ready for it this year. :)