wheelbase adjustment

avizpls

#11-A
How big of a difference does a 10mm move make? I put new sprockets on so I can actually exceed 110MPH without reving my engine so high a piston gets sent into orbit and having not splurged on a new chain ("old" sprockets arent old) I find my wheelbase 10mm longer to achieve proper chain tension. I could probably take a link out and land back closer to where I started. Perhaps a few mm shorter.

The only advice I really found was that a longer wheelbase will make your steed less likely to wheelie coming out of corners. I dont think I have the power to do that with this gearing anyways, and I somehow doubt if the wheelbase doesnt affect you in turns.

so...How does lengthening the wheelbase affect handling? Im interested in fine details and how much of a difference becomes noticable and how much is way to big of a step.

Thanks!

JGardy_781

I've moved my adjusters through their entire range to accommodate gearing and tire size changes, and I've never noticed an effect on handling myself.

I'm sure that there's a difference there, but I'd posit that the difference is so subtle that at my level of skill, any difference in feel or handling based upon a 10-20mm wheelbase change is basically imperceptible.

/j

TheGrouch

Just ride it. recall Marshall giving me a dumbfounded look when he saw my adjusters were maxed out. He thought I was crazy. When I cut a link out of the chain and moved the axle forward I barely noticed a difference.