where to take GSXR front end geometry measurements?

komodo_goods

Where is the standard place to take measurements for fork height and trail? For height i figure from bottom of fork to top of lower tripple

Since I can't draw a straight line through the steering head to the ground. I was thinking measure from the center base of either fork to ground and then subtract the offset.

devildogae

Take it to chuck at one of the track days, for a small fee, they will fix your bike up to your weight and thus be better to have it all set up from a pro.

komodo_goods

Thanks I understand the ease and knowledge that comes from using a pro, however I would like to understand what is going on with geometry on my bike. For me that means learning it myself

bigkaley

Control Rider
For recording fork height measurements, with the bike on a front pin stand, measure from the top of the lower triple clamp to the center of the front axle with fork spring preload set (sag).

Lots of variables with Trail.. front and rear tire condition/ circumference, swingarm angle, degree of offset of steering head, condition/ correct steering stem bearing preload (good maintenance of steering stem bearings is always critical), etc..

komodo_goods

trail

I understand the variables with trail. What I need to know is how do you phiscally (with a measuring tool) take the measurements for trail?

Ruhe52

Nah man I am just "The Man's" Stunt Double.

I think it is great people want to know where the magic comes from in magic numbers. just don't get too lost in chasing numbers and remember to enjoy yourself out there. Riding is just that joy on wheels. See you at the track.

Lonewrench

Very well said Mikey, focus on the good times at the track. The track is for riding not working but, it just so happens I'm there to work :)

Ruhe52

Yeah like you work at the track sit around and drink Arnold Palmers all day and bark orders at Jerry is more like it :D

Ha ha JK work you do and fine work it is. Group is lucky to have access to you and Daggs

komodo_goods

thanks

Yep fun is first. trying to satisfy my ADHD in the off-season. ill see you guys at the track and stop by with questions.