WTB: 100% track-ready SV650, in/near Central Virginia

mongooze

I have cash in hand ready to buy your track-ready SV650. Here are some requirements:

1) Absolutely, totally 100% ready to gas and ride. No excuses, no BS.
2) Stock front-end setup for track use.
3) After-market, name-brand rear shock, preferably Penske or Ohlins.
4) After-market, name-brand rearsets and clipons. Woodcraft, Vortex, or something compatible.
5) Good condition track bodywork. Color / graphics don't matter.
6) Stock or Supersport-built engine. Nothing too wild - I don't want to do much more than change the oil.
7) No weird hacked-up electronics. Definitely no total-loss (aka charge-less) electrical systems.

I'll consider both 1st and 2nd-gen SV650s, and will *gladly* pay a fair price for a great bike that meets my needs. If you have that bike, please contact me via PM, and include your email address and phone number! If not, don't waste my time and yours!

mongooze

krw;66001 wrote: Did you see this thread?:http://tracktalk.nesba.com/showthread.php?t=6904

I haven't seen the bike in person, and it is in NoVA, but looks like a nice build.
Actually, I saw that bike in person a couple of weekends ago (I was the "Sale pending"). It was a decent bike, but had a few rough spots and definitely needs some tinkering before it can be a reliable track weapon. Frankly, I don't have the time or inclination to do that right now. That being said, the seller, Jimmy, was pretty cool - I'd encourage interested parties to give him an email or call and discuss that bike.

bike428

mongooze;65972 wrote: I have cash in hand ready to buy your track-ready SV650. Here are some requirements:

1) Absolutely, totally 100% ready to gas and ride. No excuses, no BS.
2) Stock front-end setup for track use.
3) After-market, name-brand rear shock, preferably Penske or Ohlins.
4) After-market, name-brand rearsets and clipons. Woodcraft, Vortex, or something compatible.
5) Good condition track bodywork. Color / graphics don't matter.
6) Stock or Supersport-built engine. Nothing too wild - I don't want to do much more than change the oil.
7) No weird hacked-up electronics. Definitely no total-loss (aka charge-less) electrical systems.

I'll consider both 1st and 2nd-gen SV650s, and will *gladly* pay a fair price for a great bike that meets my needs. If you have that bike, please contact me via PM, and include your email address and phone number! If not, don't waste my time and yours!
:) I'll try not to waste your time. Not sure if you will be at VIR this weekend but there is a guy in Raleigh (driving distance from VA as that is the last place I drove to... from Raleigh to buy my son's bike) name Russell Masacar. You may know him as an instructor with Cornerspeed and a dayum good racer. He specializes in SV's and probably has what you want or can build/configure it at a reasonable cost. Certainly a guy you want to know if you are going to run an SV regardless. If you will be at VIR I will introduce you. If not, I can get you his number.

mongooze

Cal - thanks for the info. I'm not going to be at VIR this weekend, but I'd appreciate it if you could PM me Russell's email/phone number.

bike428

mongooze;66019 wrote: Cal - thanks for the info. I'm not going to be at VIR this weekend, but I'd appreciate it if you could PM me Russell's email/phone number.
sorry for the delay. had to locate the number. shoot me an email at calvincrosslin@hotmail.com and I will get you russell's number. i think i also saw another sv posted on here on 6/30.

dlockhart5x

bargin near chicago

This is a screaming deal for somebody.
Nick is a good guy and the build, while technically a SB is to the reliable side of the equation. It won't win against against some of the exotic SB builds (Ed Key) but it would make a killer lightweight track bike.

First Gen SV Super Bike For Sale $3500 obo

Will entertain trades and cash exchange

The motor was freshly rebuilt at the end of 2007 by Resurrection Industries.

700cc Kit (Wiseco Pistons)
03 + Cams on Intake side
39mm Kehin Flatslides with velocity stacks
APE Cylinder Stud Kit
Carrillo Connecting Rods
Crankshaft balanced and lightened by Falicon
Transmission undercut by R&D in Florida
Tuned by Valley Racing in Beecher Illinois
Woodcraft Rearsets
Woodcraft Clip-ons
Full Yoshimura Exhaust with Custom Shorty Can
Custom Aluminum Subframe
Ohlins Shock – Set up by Superbike Suspension
Front Forks – Emulators, Preload Adjusters, .95 springs. 30 weight oil (Superbike Suspension)
Sharkskinz Bodywork (painted primer green) – new as of February of 08. One minor low side
GP-Tech Fairing Bracket with spare ears
Brembo Master Cylinder
Daytona Digital Temp Guage
Galfer Steel braided lines
Spare throttle cables
Spare Clutch Cable
Spare F3 Radiator
2 spare sets of body work included
Clean Title in hand (NOT SALVAGE)

Very good running, fast machine and handles like it’s on rails. I only ran 1 race weekend so far this year and I did about 10 trackdays with it. The bike makes a solid 90hp on 93 octane pump gas. I can supply dyno sheets / data if interested. The motor was built for longevity and reliability in mind that’s the main reason why the crank and rods were sent to falicon for balancing. Before rebuild the cylinders and transmission were magnifluxed for cracks and all is good. The cylinders are cryotreated because of the 700cc big bore. I change the oil after every weekend I ride it. I will not part the bike out and it is sold as is. This is well taken care of bike. The bike does not have a tachometer installed because the stock SVS gauges won’t fit with the GP-Tech fairing bracket but I will include the gauges with the bike. When I built the motor for this bike I applied a lot of advise from several very experienced SV racers / riders to build a solid / reliable SV track bike.

If you are interested please contact me at 708-860-2218. I am located 35 miles south of Chicago and I will consider meeting or delivering if I’m compensated for gas money.

Thanks,

Nick