WTB track bike

kpracing

Im looking for a track bike.
Im looking to get back in to racing and need somthing ready to race or almost ready to race ,it can need motor work that is ok. im not looking to buy a new 10K bike but somthing to start out on again.
Let me know what you have. im in PA but willing to drive for the right bike and price.

Thanks

jfeagin

How cheap do you need to be? How slow are you willing to go? ;)

My old F2 has a good motor (under 12k miles). Pretty good pile of parts and runs nicely. Could benefit from a Pingel fuel valve.

Last time on a dyno, it showed 85 hp on the ground. Can't recall the torque.

bozilla

Sorry, might be too slow, its not necessarily the speed, all my buddies have r6's and cbr 600's, I want to be able to keep up with them, hehe. I'm looking for a 05-06 cbr 600rr or comparable. Thanks for the offer though.

ronhix

bozilla;129242 wrote: Sorry, might be too slow, its not necessarily the speed, all my buddies have r6's and cbr 600's, I want to be able to keep up with them, hehe. I'm looking for a 05-06 cbr 600rr or comparable. Thanks for the offer though.
Buy the 05 GSXR 1000 and make all your buddies want to sell their 600's when you smoke 'em. You could prolly get that one or a similar one in the $5K range. A lot of bike for the money, tons and tons of spares and upgrade parts available. Easy to work on and tons of setup info available cause everybody races them.

I loved my 05/06 GSXR 1000's, owned 4 of them and won a few championships on them. Great bike.

rk97

bozilla;129242 wrote: Sorry, might be too slow, its not necessarily the speed, all my buddies have r6's and cbr 600's, I want to be able to keep up with them, hehe. I'm looking for a 05-06 cbr 600rr or comparable. Thanks for the offer though.
F2 = built in excuse!

I don't know how quick you and your buddies are, but I miss having my F2 in "I" group.

I'd get out-motored on the straights a bit for sure, but few things were as satisfying as coming through the chicane at Thunderbolt and passing a newer 600 going up a damn hill :p

bozilla

ronhix;129245 wrote: Buy the 05 GSXR 1000 and make all your buddies want to sell their 600's when you smoke 'em. You could prolly get that one or a similar one in the $5K range. A lot of bike for the money, tons and tons of spares and upgrade parts available. Easy to work on and tons of setup info available cause everybody races them.

I loved my 05/06 GSXR 1000's, owned 4 of them and won a few championships on them. Great bike.
I am the one with the 05 gsxr 1000, its a baaad bike! I love it! Just considering something smaller, maybe more fun? I could be wrong?

bozilla

ronhix;129245 wrote: Buy the 05 GSXR 1000 and make all your buddies want to sell their 600's when you smoke 'em. You could prolly get that one or a similar one in the $5K range. A lot of bike for the money, tons and tons of spares and upgrade parts available. Easy to work on and tons of setup info available cause everybody races them.

And when I said "keep up with them" I meant a little slower! Down to their speed. Which I might regret?

kpracing

I would like to find a 600 not to old have to be FI,or a twin up to 750cc
My last race bike was a 05 zx6rr.
My street bike is a 749s.
Would like to find somthing arround 3K to 3,5K with suspension done.

Thanks

jfeagin

kpracing;129280 wrote: I would like to find a 600 not to old have to be FI,or a twin up to 750cc...

Thanks
You say you don't mind a little motor work. Could always convert an F2 to fuel injection! :idea: :notsure: :eek:
OK, maybe not... :D

samm

01 gsxr

hey, I'm in south central PA. I have an 01 GSXR 750 track bike for sale. it's almost completely race prepped, it doesn't come with a title however. I'll include my leathers and boots too if you are in need. $3400