Search results

1. H

Jennings Lap Times

I'm not sure the Duc 749 fits in very well any where in WERA (at least from the 2010 rule book) depending on the track. That's another reason I was interested in those Jennings lap times.
  2. H

Jennings Lap Times

That's what I was thinking from watching some video and looking at the lap times. Thanks for the help and I can't wait to get down there. I have no idea if racing is for me, but I figure WTH might as well try. If nothing else, I hope to improve my riding at the EB school. I will be on a Duc 749s...
  3. H

Jennings Lap Times

I have never raced on the track and I am still new a track day riding but I thought about maybe joining WERA this year and give it a try. I am making the trip down to Jennings in February to do a few track days and attend the ED Bargy school. I was curious what sort of lap times I need to be...
  4. H

WTB track bike in Indiana

I am looking for an inexpensive track bike in the Indiana or surrounding areas. I have about $3000-3500 to spend. I have a Ducati Hypermotard and this one will be track only. I'd like to stick with a Ducati (7xx or 9xx) but realize that probably won't be in this price range. But I like to wrench...
  5. H

Skills development classroom sessions at trackdays

I attended both Saturday and Sunday. Both days were very good but with the turn out on Sunday more questions were asked and we went in to greater detail on the 4 topics (body position, brakes, throttle and lines). Here is just a suggestion: I would like to see and I am willing to pay extra for...
  6. H

Great Putnam weekend

Anyone have any of the red Hypermotard? Especially the last 2 sessions on Sunday. That's when the traffic lightened up for me thru the corners, things came together and I had a blast!! I also was able to turn some respectable (for me!) lap times in the high 20s - low 30s. I drug those low pegs...
  7. H

Great Putnam weekend

What a great weekend! Thanks to Ron Hix and NESBA for the great instructional sessions on both days during lunch. Very helpful and informative. There must have been 50 cameras in B group alone so get editing and let's see some video. I'm not sure who I was following with the rear...
  8. H

What is good brake fluid?

Just in case you were wondering Castrol SRF - dry boiling point 590 wet boiling 518 NEO Super DOT - dry boiling point 585 wet boiling 421 Motul Racing 600 - dry boiling point 585 wet boiling421 Motul DOT 5.1 - dry boiling point 509 wet boiling 365 ATE Type 200/ATE Super Blue - dry boiling...
  9. H

Putnam lines - Ron Hix

Thanks. I have done exactly one and half track days now and all of it has been at Putnam so I am beginning to get a feel for the track. My first day was with NESBA in the Intro class the first weekend in May. It rained pretty good the night before so the track was wet for the first session...
  10. H

Putnam lines - Ron Hix

I don't know...I think I like Chris's explaination better! :D Seriously though, thanks. I figured it was an effort to get in there and get out quick, but your detailed post helped me understand the how and why. Looking forward to Putnam this weekend, especially now that I finally have a whole...
  11. H

Putnam lines - Ron Hix

I am very new to doing track days and in an effort to try and learn everything I can I like watching the onboard videos. I also try and watch videos from riders that I know I can trust their abilities and techniques. So I was watching a video at Putnam of Ron Hix from 2008...
  12. H

2008 Ducati Hypermotard - Central Indiana

No problem, I appreciate the bump. First of all I love the Hyper. It's my first Ducati and I couldn't be happier. Maintenance is not an issue as everyone thinks as long as you don't mind taking 50% of the bike apart to clean/change the air filter. :rolleyes: I just took it out for about 4 hours...
  13. H

2008 Ducati Hypermotard - Central Indiana

2008 Ducati Hypermotard $8350 Very well taken care of and in excellent condition with just a few normal wear scuffs and scratches. 9800 miles. Numerous upgrades and all servicing is up to date. Termignoni 2-1 exhaust with Ducati Performance ECU Ducati Performance Race Seat DP Mirrors DP...
  14. H

Marshall-isms

After reading before Putnam I am happy to say I really enjoyed the the B group meeting with Marshall this weekend. On target fixation: "Don't watch the rider going off the track in front of you just think this is "cool" I got a better line now" On Putanm's turn 10: "Take it easy powering off...
  15. H

Weathermen can not be trusted!

It's my first track day and I am going. But I'm new and stupid like that... No rain tires, but I do have nice Columbia rain coat I can stand around in and watch.:) Helps that I am only about an hour away. So how far do you guys travel for a track weekend? Do you leave the day before or early...
  16. H

No brakes and no shifting drill

Thanks for all the warm welcomes. I hope meet many new people this weekend. I am riding my Hypermotard and while it isn't the fastest thing it is pretty darn fun and with the torque it makes I could probably pick one of several gears and make it around. But I am there to learn, listen to the CRs...
  17. H

Yes and I will absolutely do that! Thanks
  18. H

So I have my first track day coming up at Putnam this weekend and like anyone doing something new, I am researching and trying to learn everything I can. I've read a few books, watched a few videos, read all the helpful (and some not so much) advice on this and other forums. And then I came...
  19. H

stick on numbers

Avery® White Removable Full-Sheet Labels I was going to use these...about a $1 a sheet and if it rains I was just going to cover it with clear packing tape. Put it right over the front headlight and remove when done. Avery® White Removable Full-Sheet Labels for Laser and Inkjet Printers 6465...
  20. H

Intro at Putnam

Thanks! I may need to take you up on that offer. I'm looking forward to it and I'll see you there.