NJMP - A little rant (and request for any gopro videos of the crash)

osbg

JRA;291370 wrote: No, not at all. Coming to the conclusion that anyone was endorsing what happened here as a clean pass is yet another example of taking this thread to the extreme. The truth is nobody knows for certain what happened, and unless someone comes forward with video it looks like it's going to stay that way.
My point is not about the specific, it is about the general. Namely, whether it is possible to have a good clean pass that either has contact. The post that people were lauding clearly implied that such a pass exists.

borislav

Control Rider
osbg;291398 wrote: My point is not about the specific, it is about the general. Namely, whether it is possible to have a good clean pass that either has contact. The post that people were lauding clearly implied that such a pass exists.
How do you know what I was agreeing with about Dave's post!!!!???
About your question John already gave you answer,end of discussion!!!
Now IF YOU CAN read Dave's post with clear NEUTRAL mind and you'll get the idea what I was agreeing with
and I'm sure other 5 CR'S.I'll give you hint THINK,THINK,THINK!

JRA

osbg;291398 wrote: My point is not about the specific, it is about the general. Namely, whether it is possible to have a good clean pass that either has contact. The post that people were lauding clearly implied that such a pass exists.
I didn't take it to mean he was implying that at all, and others didn't either.

If you want to make this about the general and not the specific (your words) then I can think of ways that a clean pass could end up with contact being made if the rider being over taken makes a mistake. So yes, such a pass clearly does exist.

Ruhe52

Ah but John in a trackday that would still not be a clean pass. It would not be something I would exit the over taking rider for but certainly worth a talk. If it is that close I would think not clean. That said if you are going around the outside of someone say in 2 at Barber and they lose it and take you out then i would say was clean but... Guess my point is depends on your perception and who you are when shit goes down. Just give people room and ride with the notion of not being an asshat and everything will pretty much take care of itself. In spite of all that people get spoked or taken out. It is a dangerous sport. Again Chris hope your buddy heals up. I think 144 posts in the offender and or a video will not surface. If you stand someone up or make contact or god forbid take someone out go say you are sorry. Its the only thing that separates us from the other frigging apes on this planet.

z064life

Ruhe52;291474 wrote: Ah but John in a trackday that would still not be a clean pass. It would not be something I would exit the over taking rider for but certainly worth a talk. If it is that close I would think not clean. That said if you are going around the outside of someone say in 2 at Barber and they lose it and take you out then i would say was clean but... Guess my point is depends on your perception and who you are when shit goes down. Just give people room and ride with the notion of not being an asshat and everything will pretty much take care of itself. In spite of all that people get spoked or taken out. It is a dangerous sport. Again Chris hope your buddy heals up. I think 144 posts in the offender and or a video will not surface. If you stand someone up or make contact or god forbid take someone out go say you are sorry. Its the only thing that separates us from the other frigging apes on this planet.
Totally agree mike. Like I originally stated the fact they didn't even come by the pits is as bad as making contact to begin with. And yeah, pretty sure it isn't on video

JRA

Ruhe52;291474 wrote: Ah but John in a trackday that would still not be a clean pass. It would not be something I would exit the over taking rider for but certainly worth a talk. If it is that close I would think not clean. That said if you are going around the outside of someone say in 2 at Barber and they lose it and take you out then i would say was clean but... Guess my point is depends on your perception and who you are when shit goes down. Just give people room and ride with the notion of not being an asshat and everything will pretty much take care of itself. In spite of all that people get spoked or taken out. It is a dangerous sport. Again Chris hope your buddy heals up. I think 144 posts in the offender and or a video will not surface. If you stand someone up or make contact or god forbid take someone out go say you are sorry. Its the only thing that separates us from the other frigging apes on this planet.
I'm not suggesting that it isn't the overtaking rider's responsibility to make a clean and safe pass, but there are circumstances where the overtaking rider can be doing everything right and still end up with contact. I'm not talking about this specific incident that's the topic of this thread. osbg was making a blanket statement that these things can never happen, and I just want it to be clear that you can't assume that 100% of the time. It might not just be limited to the other rider making a mistake either, but also a mechanical issue with one of the bikes, debris or something slippery on the track; or who knows what else. No matter what the cause though I think that anytime something happens on the track you should seek out the other party and apologize, even if it was beyond your control, and even if no contact was made.

maxpr1

Wow! I just read all 15 pages of this and my head is spinning! Awesome read and very good points were made by many... How many days til spring?

maxpr1

noobinacan;297044 wrote: of all threads to revive...you found this one ???:nutkick:
Off-season drama continues :D
What can I say... I got tired of staring at the calendar! :rolleyes: