NCBIKE 24-25 Roll call!!!

Fuhry

Second track day ever, first with N2. I'll be there Saturday. I'm looking forward to learning a LOT.

Quick question that I'll preface with, I know if critical gear looks spotty or doubtful then it's time to replace it. My tires (Michelin Pilot Power CT2's with ~3k miles) have ample tread for my daily commuting but I'm new to track days. They are measuring 1.5-1.7 mm above the wear bar in the center and 2.7-2.9 mm above the wear bar on the sides (front & rear). Are these good to go for a novice group track day?

Thanks and see you Saturday (if I can find GAS!!!).
Front & Rear:
zSn0nLssb9ABGUjAoOch5ZC_wsP_eE3lCyiK9gohJ8jkKv9qE_Kh_m7R96v0KERW3s9W7DAsZbArYiAufoEAjYJ0JehEz9Y9Q__Iv2YevUbrdMqKGYfAruQ336eCjUhJ9lu147gtTPHa8vFCUzkajRgg0nXNVxzGzGXwkB1rDYpeC2B7s7TXeuDGxSgHM-zX426SznQiFVkq6Dq0HQyDvRJx4eqx5aGdON-egh6b8KqwPfQToxClOiUDKHkENBhm71hCgEhJBXtG0r7PCzBa5cFKwisX-4ZpxuREDRS8UMjxBwSNUr0p5qIIhiEC_cgPVUinhKa-KNxIuiz4H9uzG7BjP7DGFBCsTtINZzH2t_dDVscq2iEhBqTvvO9CGXTpyffYV7SFkrRMmun0KtvuTwMKULFk32C7hLJeVNwwOHqpC6tuKphxWnP7WdlqFIsCNNa8nKX1QTz46GEZzflpWwZZxrc6vlfnvmLNmDP96YWDWFeJFlhPgHweqCcRcEYaba6z9hZsCWAGOf8LYHhZE2IueUXKvDtVoFHYNrrsJW5T3owIbrVG6uEYB3GlJuQ37aB4Pmn3OwSf6SIPBUT2b-TGuQqrnX962KBtqdVBdzDSaI-I=w518-h920-no
xANO5N4ZPjEupLK1cd1IyssKtpNXUJsBmfhrNNy_6cHgbDOkbsIciDJ0oOU-ZLv34fr8J80MvuZFKErx22aGK_4OU-jaAZDGd_aABgJH8WlgAY_cWEQaMCLJfU3JQJIlcMPbWCGFa6lvUtSX_0ZA1ZDLJ6pixQko1MsMybnHiw3L93xEl_ytqmtjeBhxm0yXPnLBYFBnVsE8ojkZT-xHM_02nIZ5Uh1HLu9u5X2Nz7KKA_yq3c5PyJtJXXgL-REkZl9Fc_nIUQ0Z164K7JHrpO0Tqw7BnVjW8sx6qrP6aEtVVGajJxP0kjdI-5oVMzyUJQQNmK5daSIaLL9PmHppWbIHKDRDKjPmiXJIRAhBqBQ_wI048QH5957A0dQIZZznJKEjrcnwSY7T78MdpUBArvURzl1lIAlvD_s2GAw-ZAj0NWK6BdZ5ff3NzggHi_GqHkzG7PTCRoPACxNaMzEBbVA5mGYXYXYi98mvA6HCI4V6vD-n0H17BE1IUZ8FQT75GLvW8IgABCkTqmoehjkdfoc_XZ8Q965OIgN5FvpK-mm9fcrYGl7s67p_Y1VpT2DA-iumXPRDL7nMkP48-w79nyJVIMAjpK1fBwzzxwhv87uHfCiF=w518-h920-no

Fuhry

Thanks Jim! And I found gas!!! I've tried using puregas.org to find ethanol free gas but every gas station I go to on the list has a sticker that says "May contain up to 10% ethanol". I'll keep trying.

See you guys Friday night!

-Chad

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
I can tell you that most of the motorcycles out there are running on some amount of Ethanol. Is it good for the bike, probably not. Has it made a difference in the last 16 years that I have ridden the motorcycle? Not really. If you are worried about it that much, you can always get one of the treatments they have on the market to counter the effects of Ethanol. I have used several products before, but haven't noticed any difference whatsoever.

Bg42985

First time at NCBike. Will I be able to drop my bike and trailer off Friday? If so, what time? Anything else I need to know? Set-up area? Electricity? Thanks in advance.

tomseviltwin

Control Rider
NC Bike is open Fridays, not sure on exact gate time in this instance but 6 or later is issually a safe bet most places. Sometimes earlier. Everyone pits along the road since the main paddock is gravel. You should park your truck and trailer in the gravel though to make sure there is plenty of room in pavement for everyone. Electricity is limited. Bring a very long extension cord or a generator. The generator is probably a good idea. There are garage suites for rental if you want the high class experience and they are nice.

ADVRacer

So, I saw in the other thread that tire service is not confirmed for this weekend. I also saw the recommendation that a solution to this dilemma was to run CCW on Sunday. I think that's a great idea! If you've never went CCW on NCBIKE, it's awesome. I think everyone should try and go "Both Ways" at least once just to say you tried it. You never know, you might like it.