Recent content by Ducati Pete

1. Ducati Pete

Pitt Race roll call

PERFECT riding weather at DaBeave this weekend.............. I'm stoked. Anyone on the fence......... jump in now. It's going to be a great weekend. See Ya'll There Pete
  2. Ducati Pete

New from West Virginia

That's weird as Sh*t John.... I was just telling someone about how you were my first track crack mentor at JC a few years ago. I was all freaked out for first TD and first Crotch Rocket ride. I just connected with Ty on his YouTube vid page too. Look forward to riding under you once...
  3. Ducati Pete

New from West Virginia

Welcome Justin, Nice to see a fellow West Virginian puffin on Track Crack. Come to Pitt this upcoming week. An easy drive for you and an EXCELLENT track to ride. See you somewhere at some point in time. Later Pete
  4. Ducati Pete

New guy from southwest PA!

Welcome Brenon, You're going to have a blast!!! Look me up at PIR. Pete
  5. Ducati Pete

New in Southwest PA

Hey WeaponZero, Be ASSURED.......... you will have no issues riding at N2. I started with NESBA two years ago and get this............... I NEVER rode a sportbike until I rolled onto a track at Summit Point....... AND I MEAN NEVER!!!! I rode dirt all my life and was running a sport touring...
  6. Ducati Pete

Pitt Race roll call

Just bought into both days............ Be there Friday night, and River (my dog) too. Getting the cr*shed GSXR patched up for another try. First time on pavement since last FALL at Summit Main. It should be EXCITING to say the least.
  7. Ducati Pete

Registration blocked for Summit Jefferson 6/20 6/21, Road Atlanta 5/23

I hear ya Judy. I think it's great there are new drivers at the wheel of N2TD!!! I bet in the years to come we will see even better things happening....... or at least we can hope. I was looking at JC's new layout in a photo posted elsewhere............... WOOHOOO!!!! I'm in when it opens...
  8. Ducati Pete

Back in the Saddle Again

Back in the Saddle Again
  9. Ducati Pete

Registration blocked for Summit Jefferson 6/20 6/21, Road Atlanta 5/23

Hey All.......... Probably thought you'd never see this ugly puss again.......... HA.. sorry. The ribs are all healed from Summit Main last fall..... Get it... last fall? Back to dirt riding regularly but am hoping to do a few weekends this year. ANYWAY........ what is the current status with...
  10. Ducati Pete

Anyone w/ Photo/Vids of Ducati Pete Hitting the Dirt SUmmit Monday??

Thanks Otto........ here's a pic from April.............. in T5 matter of fact. LOL I'm the one in the wrong riding position........... #327. Would appreciate any photos you can find. Pete
  11. Ducati Pete

Trail Braking...Should I be Doing it?

From a Novice's Perspective Hello JRA, I am sure a lot of new guys will read this thread. So, I wanted to throw in my two cents, for what it's worth. I'm an old guy at 50 with 4 decades of dirt riding who converted 7 track days ago to .... well.... track riding. In the dirt, the front brake...
  12. Ducati Pete

01 gsxr600 sluggish

I have a Retarder Gizmo also. One of those in line units, cannot remember the name, and it works all the time by tricking the computer into think the bike is in 5th gear. It will matter little what temp it is operating at. Pete
  13. Ducati Pete

01 gsxr600 sluggish

Hey Unbroken, I had the same issue too. Like you, I got appropriate fuel pressure in the shop. BUT, make sure you measure the total fuel flow also. See the service manual for specs. On the race track, the bike needs and uses the pump's full flow. Worth a check. I needed to replace the pump on...
  14. Ducati Pete

Anyone w/ Photo/Vids of Ducati Pete Hitting the Dirt SUmmit Monday??

Hi All, I hit the dirt in session 5 Monday. I moved to the Novice group to get more open track........ which worked a little too well............ :wow: I doubt anyone has vids as I think I was riding alone. It was late in the session. SOMEBODY must have SOMETHING I can show my nieces and...
  15. Ducati Pete

Sunday Jefferson

Excellent Pink Wheels (as you are now known) and I must say, you doubled up your speed and confidence in one day. As I said, Ride Your Own Ride!!!!!!!!!!!!! It gave all of us a chance to make some passes on you and we all learned something too............. see. Even a slow guy adds to our fun...