Recent content by jfeagin

1. jfeagin

Pit-Bull Trailer Restraint-Check your locking pins

Yeah, some small amount of slop is normal. It gives you a little easier time loading your bike and makes fitting all the parts easy. I don't know how loose my axle pins are, but the bike hardly moves at all. There is no reason to secure the front end. Unless maybe you're doing a lot of hauling...
  2. jfeagin

2008 Triumph Speed Triple

Sold All gone. Empty spot in my garage. Very sad. :(:(
  3. jfeagin

Number plates Tire wear

You want to be careful about those white number plates. They seem to cause excessive tire wear. :D Actually, what Cupcake said. I have an old Honda F2 with a yellow plate (actual separate piece of plastic!) on the nose. Got it from a guy who used to race. I do not. I'm no expert on tires, but...
  4. jfeagin

Track riding warps your brain

We is exclusive!!
  5. jfeagin

bike transport ideas to California

I just sold my open trailer from Lowe's. The 5x8s they sell weigh in at 350 lbs. With that, I've hauled two bikes with my Honda Element, which is a 4-cylinder around 1.4 liters and a 1500 lb limit, through some very steep hilly areas. GVWR for the trailer and bikes was right about 1300 lbs plus...
  6. jfeagin

Track riding warps your brain

So I'm in Massachusetts a few weeks ago, on I-290 through the middle of Worcester. If you've driven anywhere in eastern MA, you know it's like NASCAR no matter how heavy the traffic is. Through Worcester, 290 runs around a series of bends that would be good fun on two wheels if there were no...
  7. jfeagin

Miscellaneous stuff

Bump!
  8. jfeagin

Shameless self-promotional bump.
  9. jfeagin

No kidding. These things will move off idle with no throttle! I'd use it to haul my trailer to the track, but it just kills the mileage. :rolleyes:
  10. jfeagin

Still available. Price is negotiable. I know somebody wants a sweet wheelie machine! Did I mention it's a triple? :D
  11. jfeagin

WTB:entry level track bike

Indeed, I have two spares. If Steve doesn't want both of them, drop me a line.
  12. jfeagin

$340 in credits for $250

Will let you know as soon as I can. Thanks!
  13. jfeagin

WTB:entry level track bike

PM sent.
  14. jfeagin

I hate having to sell it, but needs must when the devil drives. Thanks for the good words.
  15. jfeagin

$340 in credits for $250

Sent you a PM, John. Will call later.