2008 Triumph Speed Triple

jfeagin

SOLD

So I finally fell victim to the unemployment plague. Got to sell some stuff to pay the bills for a while.

General info:
- Located in Hagerstown, MD
- 2008 Triumph Speed Triple bought in '09
- Fusion white stock paint
- About 6,200 miles on it (my commute was short), but I'm still riding when I can afford gas (mid-grade)
- Clean title; I am the only owner and it's paid for

Equipment:
Mostly stock with just these few mods:
- R & G tail tidy
- R & G bar end sliders
- Triumph black plastic tire hugger
- Ermax nose cowl
- Pazzo levers
Tires on it are Metzeler, the OEM fitment. Rear is newer than front due to a flat at about 1,000 miles.
I have the stock tail, the instrument cluster rear cover, and the original levers (clutch lever is broken).
I have a set of EBC HH front brake pads that will go along.
PitBull trailer restraint axle pins will go along.
Powerlift rearstand for single sided swing arm will go along.

History:
- The bike has done four track days, otherwise all street miles. A few wheelies (how can you not?), the occasional early morning blast, but mostly fairly easy.
- The bike has been down twice on the left side. First time was one of those hot days on a small slope where the asphalt gave out under the kick stand. I'd heard of, but never seen that happen until that day. The stator cover has a "racing" stripe, now. The clutch lever broke, too. Second time was at a track day when I didn't get the kick stand down at my pit area and dropped the bike in the grass. So all scratches/marks are from that first time.
- I've ridden the bike all year round. Original battery still in, it does better in winter if kept on a tender every night. Otherwise fires right up and runs like a top.

Needs:
You might want fresh tires. Brake fluid and oil need the spring change, coolant is due as well. I have not yet done the 6,000 mile maintenance. And it needs a bath.

Price:
SOLD

If you're interested:
I also have a few extras I used a time or two. All in perfect condition.
- Cortech Sport saddlebags, $45 for the pair.
- Givi saddlebag racks that hold bags off the pipes, $50. Made for the Speedy.
- National hand guards in the clear plastic that mount under the mirrors, $35.
- Vista universal cruise control, works pretty well, $15.

PM "jfeagin" here, send email to jfeagin (at) netzero dot net, or call Three Zero One - Three Three One - Zero Two Zero Zero.

Pictures:
You can see the tail tidy is on. Second one shows the bike with Ermax. Third shows the scrape on the engine. Fourth shows current odometer reading. Last is the rear stand.
| | | |
powerstand.jpg

Faztbikez

I always wanted a speed triple one of my first bikes wr triumph t595 and then a tt600 and at one point a 955i i keep going back, the triple motor it sounds just amazing nothing like it ! And for a fact i know the ride amazing to bad you have to sell! But GLWS and imo the price is jst right

jstrain

Bump for the seller. I was very interested in the bike, but have to hold off purchasing right now. He's been extremely helpful and good to work with while I was looking into it

jfeagin

Still available.

Price is negotiable.

I know somebody wants a sweet wheelie machine!

Did I mention it's a triple? :D

skeschman

Bump! I have a 2008 Speed Triple for the street and absolutely love it. Way more usable power than an I4 for street use. Good luck with the sale.

jfeagin

skeschman;240248 wrote: Bump! I have a 2008 Speed Triple for the street and absolutely love it. Way more usable power than an I4 for street use. Good luck with the sale.
No kidding. These things will move off idle with no throttle! I'd use it to haul my trailer to the track, but it just kills the mileage. :rolleyes: