Recent content by mikeinatlanta

1. M

Track Day / Racing Checklist

No, but I have worn out more than one set of safety wire pliers during my career. While the wire will keep a plug not properly secured from falling off, a properly secured plug would never come loose in the first place. Since tech can't realistically check torques, safety wire is a good...
  2. M

One of the main points of checking 100% of the hardware is to touch and look at everything. That's how defects like cracks get found. While torque stripe has its purpose, if you are finding loose hardware at the track that has been torque striped, you have other issues needing resolved...
  3. M

In race cars we call it nut and bolting the car. Winning race teams do it before heading to the track every week. Check all (100%) hardware for being secure. Clean every inch you can reach. WD40 is a great cleaner for this. Wipe every inch down inspecting as you do it. Change all fluids...
  4. M

Novice / First Time Track Day Etiquette Questions

I've ridden novice on 300cc machines and 200+ hp bikes. Here is my non-coach take. 1. Ride your line. You being all over the place is a serious problem for the passer. 2. If you are passed, remember it's not a race, do not repass in the straight. Let them go. This IMO is the single...
  5. M

Solo Novice Riders - Summit Point - 5/20

Just realized that my post above was after you already attended an event. I expect that you now already know everything I posted. Hope you had fun.
  6. M

Solo Novice Riders - Summit Point - 5/20

I haven't ridden with N2, but have several other organizations. I hear great things about N2 and expect that you will have more than enough feedback. If anything, I'd say that feedback is measured based on perception of how much you can or are willing to absorb. I'm always solo, however, I...
  7. M

Tire warmers

Thanks. Unfortunately, STG brand doesn't come in my size. I'm running 110/140.
  8. M

Tire warmers

Coming apart as in seams failing or not staying on the wheel?
  9. M

Tire warmers

Brands suggested? Brands to stay away from? Thanks, Mike
  10. M

Another new guy

How'd you know?
  11. M

Another new guy

Just went through a signup process and see it. Thanks. Not so sure how trainable I am though.
  12. M

Another new guy

That's what I do. It's called Motul 800-2T :)
  13. M

Another new guy

So how does one sign up for ATP? I read the page on it, but saw nothing about pricing, schedule, or signup.
  14. M

Another new guy

No but it does smell funny.
  15. M

Another new guy

You guys are going to just LOVE my bike. You'll have to figure out on your own if I was just being sarcastic. ;)