Recent content by rhill

1. rhill

K&N filter failures

I've used OEM, Fram(gasp), K&N...think I'm just going to stick with OEM from now on I'd really like to know more about the failures....seems like the two common ones I've found google searching are sliced o-rings and leaks around the nut. Both of which could be results of improper installation.
  2. rhill

06 GSXR 750 brake suggestions plz

Didn't realize brembo's used a smaller tube diameter, good to know!
  3. rhill

K&N filter failures

I have a couple that are going in the trash....this one wasn't on my bike(and not my video), but it still nearly caused me to lose the front end through T7 at a mild pace on a new(to me) bike. I've been hearing about these things failing more and more. Don't risk it, don't ride with a K&N...
  4. rhill

06 GSXR 750 brake suggestions plz

For peace of mind, I'd get the recall done or changed out with something else. I say that even though I kept my old master cylinder for way too long, but it was always in the back of my mind. Not sure exactly what they will be replacing with the "rebuild" but if it is just labor + o rings, it...
  5. rhill

Sealing fork casting to chrome

Loading the photos, I saw that zip tie on the fork leg and had this "Doh!" premonition that it wouldn't go unnoticed.
  6. rhill

so here is an exploded view of the fork broken down. the tiny little o-ring bottom rightt (believe it is 2mm thick x 42mm ID) was chewed up on one fork and the other was completely severed.....I'd put money someone removed the cartridge previously without first removing that O-ring. It is...
  7. rhill

Am I fooling myself?

Thanks! I did something similar to that in a different thread and for some reason they broke after a few days. I'll try using this method. It's too bad they can't just give a direct link instead of their windowed version when choosing "get link". Going slow on the big bike:
  8. rhill

Am I fooling myself?

Thanks!
  9. rhill

That's the plan for Sunday and Monday at Mid-O....if I can get the forks to seal up and stop leaking. If I have to, I'll put the stock forks back together to ride the thing.
  10. rhill

Just added two photos to the album that look down into the casting. You can see an aluminum flange with spanner holes. The flange is attached to the damping tube....it is loose right now, but when the chrome is tightened down, it secures the flange and rod in place.
  11. rhill

Am I fooling myself?

well, google photos and drive sucks to link photos from...work one day and the next they are broken
  12. rhill

Ran the new bike for 3 sessions over the weekend; it turns out the one fork was leaking between chrome and casting, so they came back off. (the second one had a tiny weep) The fork that was leaking has silicone (I think) on the threads of the chrome. The one that was nearly dry, didn't seem to...
  13. rhill

Am I fooling myself?

Just keep absorbing info and implementing/improving every time you are at the track. I'm was pretty happy with my BP before, but noticed (in vid and pics) my outside knee always seemed to be jetting out from the bike when leaned over. Put a piece of 2" thick piece of foam on the tank as a...
  14. rhill

Summit Video's

Been to Summit Main a handful of times, but it has always been my Eleanor. Between electrical issues, water coming up in T3, losing 6th gear; never had a good complete issue-free day, until Monday. Capping off a great weekend that started at NCbike, couldn't have asked for a better way to...
  15. rhill

CR's in A group. . .

Love this concept! Moar rider feedback! Doesn't matter what group you are in, there is always more to learn and things to improve.