Search results

1. M

2006 R6 Clean Title $3400.00

Time to part ways with the trusty R6 since I'm building up my Suzuki this year. It's a track bike and has been down a couple of times, both mild lowsides. If I keep it I would run it as is for what it's worth. That being said I have already discussed repair with Ron (Trading Paint) and the bike...
  2. M

2011+ GSXR 750 owners

I've always liked Suzuki's ergo's the most and oddly have owned Kawis, Hondas, and Yamahas instead. This week since the winter prices are right I'm probably going to pick up a new 750 as a street bike with the intention of getting used to it an maybe switching my R6 for a Suzuki too if it fits...
  3. M

R6 gearing choice for VIR?

I picked up my 06 R6 with -1/+2 last year and have left it that way. I was talking with one of the CR's about gear selection over part of North on Sat. and it became clear we had much different drive trains. I'm about 230 with gear so I have appreciated having the bike staying tacked up since it...
  4. M

Track Package registration?

Am I missing something? I bought one of these pre-paid deals and it it shows up on my account, but won't let me register without a credit card payment. Is there a particular way to do this?
  5. M

Trailer stolen please look out

Someone cut the lock off and boosted this from my house yesterday morning. If you see one or a freshly painted one like it please drop a line. My insurance company is screwing me on this so if anyone has a decent trailer in the area that they are selling let me know. I'm in Winston. At this...
  6. M

Trailer floor track suggestions

So I picked up an enclosed trailer and I'm trying to decide what floor set up to go with. Pitbull or one of the floor track companies? What have you guys liked or had problems with? How many feet of track? One 6 foot section on each side or two two foot sections per side spaced out to where...
  7. M

5 X 8 Anderson trailer

Sold.
  8. M

Wait List...

FYI: I had a track day scheduled, had a get off with injury so I canceled, got cleared to ride again unexpectedly a few days later, went to re-register and the day was full. VIR South 6/30. So, I email, beg, and get on the wait list. I never received any email of an opening as I was supposed to...
  9. M

05/06 CBR 600rr parts Ohlins, Penske, Sharkskins

Picked up an R6 so the Honda is getting put back to stock and sold. I'll put some pics up of the suspension if anyone wants them in a few days. Getting married this weekend and I don't have any time to be in the garage. Suspension parts are still on the bike, sprung for 170-190 lb rider. I'll...
  10. M

05/06 CBR 600rr parts Ohlins, Penske, Sharkskins

Mods please delete wrong section...
  11. M

Control Riders...what do you ride?

Figured I'd ask. You guys probably see more track time consistently than any of us. I've read the specs on most things out there but the reality of living with a bike is always another story. I love my Honda 600rr and am looking for a salvage one just like it to make a dedicated track bike out...
  12. M

Trade: Snap-On Roll for track bike

I have this roll cab: http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp?P65=&tool=storage&item_ID=651163&group_ID=681732&store=snapon-store&dir=catalog With this stainless top: http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp?P65=&tool=storage&item_ID=665653&group_ID=675874&store=&dir=catalog and this stainless...
  13. M

Takeoff tires...

Can anyone recommend someone within driving distance of the Triad that I might be able to buy some take off tires from? I meant to check at the tire station at the track but time got away from me. I'm hoping to secure enough affordable rubber to get me through a few more TD's this summer. I'm...
  14. M

Thanks!

Just wanted to say thanks! VIR South on Sat. was my first day and I had the time of my life. All of the control guys and other riders were super approachable and helpful. I learned a ton and will be back as much as possible! I want to practice so bad I wish I could go back today. It's like crack...
  15. M

New guy from NC..

Hey guys, Just signed up today and am getting ready for my first track days in the spring. I ride an 05 Honda 600rr. I'll be freezing my arse off all winter to convert gas savings to track time. :D Look forward to learning a lot.