Search results

1. Psychoholic

Need to sell - 3/27 Novice Road Atlanta

Without getting into too much personal detail there has been a recent influx of sickness in my family that I need to attend to. I have been chomping at the bit for months waiting to get back out there and it pains me to not be able to go but my family needs me this weekend. PM me and we can...
  2. Psychoholic

Pair of used EBC 3058 XC Rotors off of my '03 GSXR750 - $100

Selling as a pair for $100 plus shipping. I'm in Loganville GA (30052). One of them I *think* has a slight warp to it, but after swapping to stock rotors the shake I was feeling is still there, so it might be or might not be (assume it is). These are normally about $180 each. They were on...
  3. Psychoholic

Let's talk about turns 5 and 10B/11 at Road Atlanta.

The terrible thing about watching videos from your weekend is that you see 101 different things you did wrong and can improve on. I was paying super close attention to the turn in/out points that Kappy gave us during the track walk, so I wasn't trying to do anything fancy speed wise. That...
  4. Psychoholic

I borrowed an extension cord yesterday at Road Atlanta

I think it was from a dude named Jim who left before I could give it back. Jim, if you're on the boards I'd like to meet up and bring it back to you! Thanks for the loaner!
  5. Psychoholic

Get a little more pull back on brake pads?

So my track bike (2003 GSXR750) has the stock calipers (Nissin with Vesrah RJL pads) and a Brembo master cylinder. The brakes have been dragging a little bit and even after a thorough cleaning of the pistons they still don't seem to pull back very far after they disengage (and yes I know they...
  6. Psychoholic

Getting the Bump - a great video featuring Dickie

Really great video explaining the nature of getting the bump between groups.
  7. Psychoholic

Whoever the CR #21 or #11 (I couldn't tell) at Road Atlanta was...

... Thank you, you made my day with this.
  8. Psychoholic

Ever have part of your foot go numb from riding?

So we just did 2 days at Road Atlanta (which was incredible - sore, but incredible), and when I ride my right foot never really moves on the peg. My leg moves around and uses a pivot point on the peg, but it's just kind of pinned there for the duration. I noticed last night when I got home...
  9. Psychoholic

Let's see your favorite Road Atlanta video.

It'd be helpful too talk about your setup in each video too. This is me on my '03 GSXR750 running PP3s. I have since redone the suspension for my weight and upgraded the brakes to Vesrah RJLs. I'm not fast, but I'm getting better every session.
  10. Psychoholic

Belt for your leathers?

I saw a few people walking around last year with these and I can't think of how to search for them, but it's basically a belt that you wear that allows you to completely come out of the top of your suit when walking around without having to take the full thing off. Does anybody know what this...
  11. Psychoholic

Anybody have an XT Ultra Lap transmitter that will be at Road Atlanta?

When I bought my bike the previous owner sent an XT UltraLap timer with it. I don't an IR transmitter and I'm looking to improve my times, so I'd like to track some lap times on the 5th and 6th. Anybody else have one of these that I can piggy back off of? Thanks! Chris
  12. Psychoholic

450# 7" Eibach spring (was on a Penske 8987 shock)

So I did some upgrading on my track bike today, including a spring to fit my big ole self. The previous owner was 175#, so this spring was good for a 160-190 lb rider. I think he used it for a few months before selling the bike to me, I had a few track days on it (but I am legendarily slow)...
  13. Psychoholic

Can you be TOO courteous on the track?

Kind of an odd question, but it's something I was thinking about recently when watching some of my past videos from Road Atlanta. I'm a upper-middle N rider - but I think that part of that is that I'm not 100% confident in my ability to pass people without a mile of lead up before I can...
  14. Psychoholic

How about a RA July 4/5/6 Roll Call??

I'm riding novice on the 5th and 6th. Who else is coming to this most auspicious event, full of mirth, merriment, and bbq??
  15. Psychoholic

1989 Cagiva Dirtbike - $1000

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/eat/mcy/4365019998.html You'd be hard pressed to find a better deal on a running and riding 250! Took it out and played in the dirt yesterday (a friend of mine who is much smaller than me was riding it) and it performed flawlessly. Might entertain some offers...
  16. Psychoholic

How well do you like the Pitbull TRS?

So a few (dozens of) threads and pictures show a bunch of people using Pitbull TRS on their trailers and similar products. Do you really not have to strap the bike down when it's in the pins? How about taking the restraint brackets back off of the trailer when you're not using them? Are they...
  17. Psychoholic

How would you go about doing up a race replica bike?

So this is the thought - I really dig the 2003 GSXR1000 that Matt Mladin rode that same year. I have a 2003 GSXR750 track bike that I think I'd like to try and do a 'loose' replica of (loose because I don't want to spend a bunch of money on bodywork on a track bike, and I don't want to be...
  18. Psychoholic

Might be a bit early, but who is going to RA the 5-7th?

I just signed up for my first 2 day! Doing the 5th (which is my birthday, and thusly a present to myself) and 6th (my friend's, who will be there, birthday as well), at Road Atlanta. Anybody else riding that weekend?
  19. Psychoholic

What exercises do you do to help you ride?

(Other than cardio) My hip flexibility is pretty weak right now, so I've been stretching more and doing the hip machines at the gym, was thinking about adding some yoga to help get the knee down a bit more. What kinds of things, if any, do you do to help you ride?
  20. Psychoholic

Where would you buy a replacement spring for an 8987 shock?

So I bought a pretty badass '03 GSX-R750 and it has a Penske 8987 shock on it, but it's sprung for a 175# rider. After doing the forks and rear shock on my other bike, I'm convinced that having the suspension setup for your weight is the only way to go. Penske's shock website looks like it got...