How about a RA July 4/5/6 Roll Call??

Psychoholic

I'm riding novice on the 5th and 6th.

Who else is coming to this most auspicious event, full of mirth, merriment, and bbq??

drewhinkle

I don't have a dedicated track bike so I'll be bringing my street ride. Does anyone know where I can buy number plates or stickers to use for track day this weekend? This is my first time so I'm sort of clueless.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
I don't have a dedicated track bike so I'll be bringing my street ride. Does anyone know where I can buy number plates or stickers to use for track day this weekend? This is my first time so I'm sort of clueless.
Motorcycle shops and/or Cyclegear may have the stick-on numbers. As long as the color contrasts with your bike and they are easy to read, you don't necessarily need a number plate under the numbers . Alternatively, you could simply make numbers from duct, electrical, or painters tape. See the link to the riders manual for size and placement!

Psychoholic

I think I'm going to have a sign outside of my tent with my screen name on it. Come by and say hey on the 5th or 6th!

jaybird31

Any truth to the fact that Scott Russell will be there this weekend? Pulled from SuperbikePlanet website

Former World Champ Russell To Guest Instruct at Road ATL
by staff
Wednesday, July 02, 2014
This just in:
Yamaha Champions Riding School instructor, Scott Russell, will be guest instructing at the N2 Track Days 3-day event on Saturday this coming weekend. For the few of you in the world that don't know who Scott is, he is a multi-time AMA Champion, World Superbike Champion, and the voice of American road racing.
Participants will be able to ride on the track with Scott, maybe get a few YCRS inspired pointers or one of his famous two-up rides on a YCRS prepped Yamaha FZ-1, and then be able to enjoy a burger with Mr. Daytona as he will be joining N2 for some BBQ after the riding has completed.
Rumor has it that there are just a few spots left so if you'd like to be on track with an American icon or see some of the skills taught at the Yamaha Champions Riding School, go to www.n2td.org, email info@n2td.org, or call them directly at 855-263-0200.

About YCRS:
Yamaha Champions Riding School is a motorcycle training program based at New Jersey Motorsports Park in Millville, New Jersey. YCRS is the evolution of the Freddie Spencer High Performance Riding School and is led by former racers, authors, and journalist Ken Hill and Nick Ienatsch with full time guest instructors Larry Pegram and Scott Russell. YCRS is dedicated to making all motorcycle riders safer and more in control of their riding, no matter what type of riding they do. YCRS has 14 schools scheduled at NJMP in 2014 and hopes to take the school on the road in the winter months to warmer tracks across the US. Visit www.ridelikeachampion.com

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
I don't see anything on the YCRS calendar about Road Atlanta this weekend.
It won't be on the YCRS calendar. N2 arranged for Scott Russell to guest instruct at RA on Saturday.

N2 also recently had two other YCRS instructors in attendance at NJMP events.

ninjamansc

THE Comstock
Control Rider
I did a two-up ride with Mark at the last NJMP and it was fking awesome. To be able to feel the trail braking forces is invaluable. And yes, I was scared. But you're at a racetrack, not on your bike, and given the opportunity I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

bigt750

I will be coming in Friday, heading to Stone Mountain with the family Friday night and then riding Saturday and then driving back home Sunday. Havnt been to Road Atlanta in about 2 years, on a new bike, went from a 750 to a 600 so the learning curve should be fun, also last bike was fully track prepped, new bike is still street. Looking forward to a great time