Search results

1. jesse v

Street tires and heat-cycling

Is there is any cause for concern regarding street tires on the track and heat cycling? I know race tires are (supposedly) done after very few heat cycles, but I'm not sure about street tires. Some "old guys" tell me they still deteriorate, but is that just their age talking? I'm currently...
  2. jesse v

SV650 Hotbodies, 2nd gen

Brand new, unopened, 2nd gen SV650 Hotbodies race bodywork. Complete kit: Upper, lower, tail, fender. I can open the box to take pics if anybody wants later this week. $550 shipped obo. Paypal please. --Jesse
  3. jesse v

Street tires on the track

Tire gurus, Last summer was my first season doing track days. (I've never done an event with NESBA, as I live in South Dakota, but I love this forum. My local track org is TrackAddix.) My bike is an SV1000 and I ran Bridgestone S20's the whole season. My theory in running a street-oriented...
  4. jesse v

Sport-touring tires on the track

Hi all, My question pertains to using sport/touring tires for td's. I'm going to be doing my first td with TrackAddix at Mid America Motorplex next spring, and my bike ('04 SV1000) currently has Bridgestone BT-016 front and BT-023 rear tires. They'll have about 2k miles on them by that time...
  5. jesse v

Clip-ons vs. handlebars for track days

I put the clip-ons back on my SV today. (I have been running at LSL kit for over a year.) I'm trying them out again to decide if I want to use the clip-ons for my first track day next spring, or keep the handlebars that I'm used to. Does anyone have any recommendations regarding the use of...
  6. jesse v

WTB: Leather suit for track

I'm interested in buying my first leather suit for my first track day, hopefully in spring of 2013. I'm tall and gangly: 6' and 150lbs. Doesn't have to be pristine condition, nor does it have to be pretty, just give me an honest description and pics. Thanks! Jesse jessevanderweide@yahoo.com
  7. jesse v

Identify this Teknic suit

Can anyone tell me what model this suit is (or any details about it)? I'm going to look at it tomorrow. The owner doesn't seem to know the model name. He said it is a full circumference zipper. http://siouxfalls.craigslist.org/mcy/3123216852.html Thanks! Hopefully I have found a deal on a...
  8. jesse v

Prospective newb here

Hi all, I'm Jesse from Sioux Falls, SD. I've been reading about track days like crazy lately... Nick Ienatsch, Keith Code, etc, and I am aiming for doing my first track weekend at MAM with TrackAddix in Omaha. (It's the closest place to where I live, Sioux Falls, SD.) Bike is an SV1000S...