Search results

1. Aaron Meade

minimalist track day setup

I'm converting a trailer previously used to tow a small sailboat into my bike trailer. I'll be towing it with a mid-size sedan. I've got a pretty good trailer design in mind, and will be getting it done over the next few weeks. I will have a little bit of room on the deck for gas cans, and...
  2. Aaron Meade

Kids and Dogs

If you have kids and/or fur children, I'd like to hear about your experiences at track days. I'll likely have to start out flying solo to track days, as I will not have anyone to come along and hang out with my kids and dog while I am on the track. But I'm wondering if and when the kids (7...
  3. Aaron Meade

Talk me out of an R3

I am more and more interested in lightweight bikes on the track. I don’t see any downside really, except perhaps at the advanced level when riders are more capable of utilizing the power in a bigger bike. I was out on some of my favorite roads on my FZ6 this weekend and asked myself if I could...
  4. Aaron Meade

Question about passing tech

My FZ was low-sided by the previous owner without frame sliders (I have since installed). I failed to inspect the bike properly before buying it, and discovered that the minor plasti rash was not the only damage. The stator cover came into contact with the asphalt (either the cover was...
  5. Aaron Meade

1974 Yamaha DT360

Another project that I don't have the inclination to finish now, nor do I have the space to keep it on hold. More details at the link, but basically I bought this without a title and intended to make it a dirt-only bike. The motor has around 4500 miles on it, and was moving freely when I...
  6. Aaron Meade

Vintage 2 stroke Yamaha - 1975 RS100

I browsed these posts and saw that not only track bikes have been posted here, so please excuse for posting. 1975 Yamaha RS100. I had considered making it a cafe bike, but I'm not going to get around to it anytime soon and my shop is not big enough to have on-hold projects hanging around...
  7. Aaron Meade

New in Northern Kentucky

Hola Amigos. I discovered N2 via the Ohio Riders forum when I asked about local track days. I have never ridden on the track, and have just come back to bikes after a 10 year break. Currently riding an '07 FZ6 on the street, but I will be looking to acquire a track bike in the $3K range over...