Search results

1. R

Intro Class?

You could show up and just watch how a day goes without riding if you are really worried about it. But it’s going to be great weather and maybe a light Novice group that day since N2 is also at NJMP that day. So it should be a perfect first track experince. Have you seen a MotoAmerica podium...
  2. R

Intro Class?

Why don’t you meet the novice requirements? You don’t want to do the intro anyways. Exactly no one on their first trackday: I’m glad I get to go home now and miss the rest of the day.
  3. R

NEW LEATHER SUIT

You could probably go cheaper for your first suit if you wanted. Good chance your first suit isn’t going to be the perfect one you want long term. You will learn in time how a suit should fit and feel, how it will break in, how it will not break in, if you are serious about the sport, and what...
  4. R

N2 Track Night

If you are riding a lot, like every weekend all season, and working full time, you need to have a schedule and system for doing everything or life gets hectic. That's why this is a terrible idea. If we start night racing, I'd have to change my beer schedule and start day drinking.
  5. R

Top Speeds at Road Atlanta (600cc SuperSport)

I was talking to Brent about this because apparently he does know how to count. The speed for any given RPM and gear is independent of power / air resistance, assuming you have the power to get there. So if you are on the limiter in 6th, the calculator should be correct. I compared my GPS data...
  6. R

If it is like most 600s, factory gearing is too tall, but 15/45 sounds too short. If your chain allows it, maybe keep the 15 and try a 42 or 43 rear. You will find that you need taller gearing than you think you do as you get faster. So what might feel slow off a corner now with less gearing...
  7. R

I doubt Brent is telling you to count the teeth considering that he doesn't know how to count that high. There should be a marking printed / stamped on the sprockets.
  8. R

Gearing changes from OEM alter the speedometer reading, a lot. If you have shorter gearing than stock, it will read faster than you are really going. And 3% error at top speed is generous. Unless your engine is built to last maybe a few weekends, your 07 600rr was probably closer to 150. I’m...
  9. R

Tank Covers/extenders

Some extensions will push you back because they extend the tank towards the rear. Others just change the profile. It’s more about the contact it makes with your knee and thigh since you are never sitting center on the bike.
  10. R

Tank Covers/extenders

It’s a personal preference. They are not objectively better. Hayes doesn’t have one on his R6. Try without and then try with one to see if you like it better. The Kustom Cockpit guys are at a lot of N2 days with demos to try.
  11. R

Looking for shop to apply a wrap

A wrap for track bodywork or over OEM paint? If you have track bodywork, you should consider just having it painted. Reach out to Trading Paint. His name on here is meanstrk. https://www.instagram.com/trading_paint/
  12. R

Metzeler TD Slick Availability

Right. And continuing this logic, trackday is playing with yourself. What’s up with all the Moto America guys playing golf now? I’m guessing some of the top guys play, like Cam Peterson has talked about playing for a few years now, and everyone else jumped on the wagon. From videos I’ve seen on...
  13. R

Tire warmers and slicks gave me a bigger boost in riding performance than anything else ever has or ever will. This sport is mental. Knowing your entire tire and wheel are heat soaked from the start and that the tire isn’t the weakest link makes all the difference. It also saves you wasted laps...
  14. R

What is an example of a “top guy” running these tires? And are they running SC 0 to the limit, or are they running the SC 0 at say 5 seconds off the top pace and the Metzlers at 6 seconds off? What kind of lap times are you running on the Metzlers?
  15. R

Dunlop Q5 if you are not fast enough to keep heat in regular Dunlop slicks or don’t have warmer. If you are going an intermediate pace, get warmers and slicks. There is always a Dunlop guy at N2 events, which makes life easier. I use to get 6-8 days out of a Dunlop slick rear on a R6 at an...
  16. R

Suspension Tuning

Who is Zoran?
  17. R

01' CBR600F4i track prep, now no start issue

Is the box that says “up” pointed up? That’s the tip over sensor. It cuts the ignition when the bike falls over. If it’s not facing up, the bike will not start.
  18. R

Roebling Road 3/9 - 3/10

Last time I was at RRR, I pulled into hot pit to try and clean bugs off my visor. As it turns out, the bugs are a lot juicer in GA than up north and they just smeared everywhere. The grid marshal guy saw me, pulled out a towel and water, and cleaned my visor while I was still on my bike wearing...
  19. R

Hotel for CMP weekend?

If all the homeless people can figure out how to camp long term in a park and on the sidewalk outside my apartment in the city, I’m confident you can figure out how to camp at CMP for two days.