Search results

1. D

Anyone riding at Putnam this Saturday?

Just pulled the updated report 1:30pm CST Tonight: Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly after 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 64. South wind around 17 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible...
  2. D

Thanks for the quick response, but after just checking the weather websites, I'll have to skip this one. I have a new bike I haven't ridden yet and want to wait to get some dry laps in first.
  3. D

I'm coming from out of state and it looks to be a rain-out on Saturday! Is anyone local that has some encouraging news regarding the weather?:confused:
  4. D

Exhaust pipe heat rap

I'll try it tomorrow. Thanks again!
  5. D

Exhaust pipe heat rap

Thanks for the quick replys! No rodents! I'll go with a little oil seapage over the winter. Hopefully it will wear off soon! Would you suggest trying some liquid oil cleaner to remove any residue and then rinse it off with water or will that just make it worse?
  6. D

Exhaust pipe heat rap

I purchased a bike over the winter that has the exhaust header pipes fabric wrapped. When I ran the bike at purchase everything was fine. However, today when started the wrap is smoking alot! I let the bike run for ten minutes and the smoke did not let up. No major oil leaks are found. Any...
  7. D

Suggestions for a track bike?

I am looking for suggestions for a track bike. I have a stock ZX1400 and it is too big and heavy to convert to a track bike, so this will be sold. I have been riding for thirty years and all of my street bikes have been 1000cc or larger. I am new to track riding and not sure if I should look...
  8. D

Ninja ZX1400 stock 6400 miles

"The King of Quick. This bike makes horsepower in a totally predictable way. Smooth, obedient power and excellent feel from a bulletproof, ZX-11 sized clutch get the job done like nothing else. The fork and shock are refreshingly compliant." - per Motor Cyclist magazine. This motorcycle is in...