Anyone riding at Putnam this Saturday?

DNichols106

I'm coming from out of state and it looks to be a rain-out on Saturday!
Is anyone local that has some encouraging news regarding the weather?:confused:

beac83

I'll be there, rain or shine. Current forecast says Sat morning will be OK, probability of rain goes way up after 2PM.

geekmug

ronhix;124145 wrote: http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/graph/USIN0251?begHour=8&begDay=121#hhView

Bring your rain tires, looks to be a wet track.

http://www.weather.com/weather/weekend/USIN0251

Might get some dry laps in Saturday afternoon or Sunday though.
Man, weather.com is the most pessimistic weather service I have ever seen. I like AccuWeather's opinion better:

http://www.accuweather.com/us/in/greencastle/46135/forecast-details.asp

I'll be there rain or shine.

DNichols106

Thanks for the quick response, but after just checking the weather websites, I'll have to skip this one. I have a new bike I haven't ridden yet and want to wait to get some dry laps in first.

DNichols106

Just pulled the updated report 1:30pm CST
Tonight: Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly after 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 64. South wind around 17 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Saturday: Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly before 8am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 74. West southwest wind between 8 and 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Saturday Night: Periods of showers and thunderstorms
. Low around 61. South wind between 7 and 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%
. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.

Bring your rain tires!

beac83

You know, if I could ride at Road Atlanta in 35 degree damp weather last December, I can tolerate a little wet at 65 degrees.

It looks like Saturday will be fine after a session or 2 to dry out the track. Sunday, we'll see. Last year, the forecast was for downpours all weekend, and we had perfect track weather.

greeny

DNichols106;124302 wrote: Just pulled the updated report 1:30pm CST
Tonight: Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly after 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 64. South wind around 17 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Saturday: Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly before 8am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 74. West southwest wind between 8 and 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%
. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Saturday Night: Periods of showers and thunderstorms
. Low around 61. South wind between 7 and 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%
. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.

Bring your rain tires!
nice report. here's the one i took at the track, instead :p

CIMG0055.jpg