Search results

1. M

How big does the bed of a truck have to be to fit a bike gate closed?

Thats my question. I'm picking up a new truck soon. Would a 5 1/2 foot bed be long enough to fit a bike with the gate closed? I'm lookin at the F150 raptor but I'm open to suggestions.
  2. M

Keith Code's 2 day camp?

I'm going to sign up for CSS in September. Does anyone have any experience taking Code's 2 day camp. Was it worth the 2k? Lemme know before I give up the coin cause 2k buys alot of ass. Thanks in advance.
  3. M

what type of armour do the pros wear?

Does anyone know what type of armour GP,AMA riders wear?
  4. M

Where/how do you practice off track?

Seat time seems to be a huge factor in improving speed and getting smooth. Unfortunately, we don't all have a track at our disposal every day and most guys like me get to the track once a month or so. I had the bright idea about a month ago to use my neighborhood as my own personal track. It...
  5. M

Custom suits?

I'm built like a midget mongoloid and I'm looking for a suit that will fit me comfortably. Right now I have a RS taichi size 3T (asian sizing). The thing is managable for about 20 min then It get REAL uncomfortable. To tight . Problem is that I have a 45 inch chest, 34 inch waist and I'm only...
  6. M

Just wrecked my bike.

Well, I just experienced my first and hopefully last street wreck. Was coming around a turn, admittedly to fast, and there were two ladys walking side by side about 1/2 way through the turn. I pulled out wide to avoid them and ran out of road, smashed into the curb, and High sided over the bike...
  7. M

CBR exhaust rich

Last week I went to instal some sharkskinz on an 06 CBR 600. I stripped down all of the panels and umplugged all of the connections but once I saw all of the electrical mods that the previous owner did, I aborted the mission, replugged all the connections and put all the street skins back on...
  8. M

Sportbiketrackgear

I just wanted to give props to these guys. I ordered an RS Taichi suit from them and they were super helpfull with the whole process. Ordering from them is like calling a bunch of your buddies. They seem to be no bullshit and they do what they say. My .02
  9. M

How come no liter bikes?

I've been noticing that most people are running 600's on the track rather than larger bikes like R1's etc. Is it because the 600's offer plenty of power on the track or some other reason?
  10. M

Typical cost for paint?

Just got a set of shark skins for my bike. What would be an average cost for 2 color paint job with numbers on the back and front?
  11. M

Where to get custom number plate?

I'm looking for a number template/sticker that I could use for an 06 cbr 600 to cover the lights and be removable. Anyne know where I can find this?
  12. M

Getting new bodywork vs. race bodywork?

I have some aftermarket Minolta bodywork on my CBR 600 right now and I have my first track day coming up. I am going to run the bike on the street as well as the track and I have found bodywork on the internet for 500$ complete replica sets that look great, painted, decals etc. My question is...
  13. M

Crashing technique?

Hopefully I won't go down to much this season but I'm a realist. I know that as I get more comfortable on the track, the horns will come out of my head. I'm interested if there are certain points to remember that might help me come out of a highside or lowside with less damage to my body. Almost...
  14. M

Track Skins

I'm quickly approaching my first track day in April. I will be using my street bike for the track. For those of you that do the same, do you put skins on your bike and strip them off after every track day or do you adapt your bike for the day and hope you dont screw them up. For those that do...
  15. M

Versa Haul sport bike carrier

Has anyone ever used this type of carrier? I have an H1 hummer to lock it on to so weight wont be and issue. I don't have room to store a full trailer, so this is really my only option. I'm most concerned about loading and unloading ease with this since I will often be the only one there in my pit.
  16. M

Gettin ready for my first track day

My first track date is April 3 rd at NJMP. Got a newbie question though -besides bringing my suit, and bike what what else should I need? Fuel etc.? -any other tips?