Search results

1. S

what if I cant pass tech w/ tires.. can I buy?

I know i need new tires, can I tech and then buy tires at the track and ride? Or am I SOL since I cant pass tech in the morn....
  2. S

how full are fridays at RA

Was thinking of going on Friday(oct.) for a little less crowd... Is it just as full as Sat/Sun?
  3. S

Bumping Myself down

Was in I group, front of the pack mostly (1:45-1:46 RA avg.), but got a little too agressive @ Road Atlanta Easter Weekend... Swore off the hobby, but time changes ones views! So now I am ready to go back but wondering if I should bump down to B or can I try B for a morning to get my groove back?
  4. S

Cancelations of track days

I need some assistance please. In the handbook, it says that cancelation prior to 15 days of a track day will get my money back. It also says that members get their money back on the Nesba page "member perks", if the trackday is canceled prior to 15 days b4 the event. However, when I try...
  5. S

5-29-10 RA Sale $185

Never done this b4, but I need to sell my track day due to Crashing 4-3-10 road atl. Insurance is going to total the bike.. State Farm is awesome. PM me or email me at steve@advantagepkg.com $185.00. TRACK DAY STILL FOR SALE I MAY 29 FOR $185 or Best OFFER
  6. S

knee puck/tech question

Ive got some pretty worn down knee pucks... barely any left but I do like them that way. Will they be a problem in passing Tech?
  7. S

How often to change water in radiator

I run plain water with water wetter. Do you need to change this every year to keep from getting corrosion in the radiator or am I ok for a couple years or so?
  8. S

Video Camera Set Up

I bought a new HD sony camera w/ flash drive and want to set it up on my bike for the next track day.... 1st of all do you all use hand held camera's or a specialized Go Pro camera set ups.. .Secondly, will a stem mount work (safely, as in it wont come out) or should I get a tank mount (looks...
  9. S

Road ATL thoughts on old turn 12

I'm kinda glad we run new turn 12... seems lots safer... I know some other groups run old turn 12.... bascially you are badly hurt or dead if you over cook turn 12 is what I am thinking... your thoughts?:popcorn:
  10. S

Performance riding Techniques

I just ordered the books "performance riding techniques" by Andy Ibbott and "Twist of the Wrist: the motorcycle racers handbook.... anyone got any other suggestions of good books to improve my motorcycle riding with... am going on a cruise in a couple weeks and need some good reading.. :)
  11. S

any tips getting bike on stands solo?

Got front and rear stands for my new warmers, but almost fell over with bike putting these on by my self... anybody got any tricks or tips so bike will not fall over? :notsure:
  12. S

Where can I get a discounted Yamaha Generator

keep reading snipits in people's posts :notsure:about it but whats the deal?
  13. S

Can you feel 5 HP? (survey)

I have GSXR 750K7, had a power commander and 2 bro pipe on, Dynotuned and it g0t 130.8 HP at the rear (done by Marietta Motersports - Huey). It may result in a little better track time, but I dont really feel it... However, when I put a new small sprocket on (for quicker accel) I felt that a...
  14. S

Kevin Schwantz moving school to Barber

Reported in road racing news... also it will no longer be a suzuki only school - -they will have honda's as well. Freddie Spencer school is no more. he kinda sounds like an ass--supposedly did not pay his instructors and there are reports that he took money for the school, closed the school...
  15. S

Wow, looks like no Road Atlanta

Best track in the S.E. IMO. Maybe we should be "for profit" so we could pay for some track time that we would all like!!! Sorry guys, love you all, but this sucks if true... Hey Nesba, any chance of this getting on the Schedule?:dunno:
  16. S

Slicks vs DOT Race vs. Hyper-performance

I am going to buy some new tires for next year. I have 07 GSXR 750 and run mid pack in Intermed (at road atl). I have Michelin 2ct now. If money is no object, how much better are slicks? What about DOT race tires? Also, I've seen some people say they are runnning 190 size rear set up on...
  17. S

G force curious

Anyone have any idea how many G's (g forces) a rider is exposed to in a high speed turn (like turn one at ATL)? The GT3 Cars there were probably going 140 mph.... What is max G's b4 the tires, suspension, are exceeded and destruction occurs on a bike ...:idea:
  18. S

Drain Plug SAFTEY WIRE

Just put on a new two brothers exhaust on my gsxr 750. My old drain plug saftey wire was tied to a drilled bolt that held the old exhaust. Can I just wrap the wire around the new connection clamp on the new exhaust (and twist it up) and would that pass inspection... There are not really any...
  19. S

Consensus on Barber

Am thinking of doing a track day at barber (27th)and my only experience has been at road atlanta... Seems like a 3rd gear only track (barber)... Do most of you all find Barber more or less fun than road atlanta ? Regards, Steve Hale #427 I