Search results

1. taylor8

Thanks

Thanks to everyone that made this weekend at BeaveRun very enjoyable and educational. Personal thank you to BUck, Todd, PJ, Kevin, Don and Judy. I think thats everyone that I got to spend some time with. Some more than others (thanks for your time and concern Buck even on the first day:o) I hope...
  2. taylor8

track day pics

someone told me u can get track day pics here on the web. Any idea where?
  3. taylor8

wifes birthday

Hey...goin out to beaverun on the 23rd and my wifes bday is that weekend. Any ideas/specials. My wifes not riden yet bt would like to get her hooked with coming. Gift ideas anyone?:doh:
  4. taylor8

Electricity

Is there electric available at beaver? If so where? Cost?
  5. taylor8

number stickers

Anybody know where can I get the number stickers and plate for my bike?:dunno:
  6. taylor8

reward points?

I guess no rewards points for signing up for track days?:dunno:
  7. taylor8

Day early?

:idea:I was thinkin I would show up friday night to the beaverun. Can I camp out there then? Will there be any reps there? Is this a possability?:dunno:
  8. taylor8

fuel question

A long time ago in a galaxy far away a CR at Loudon told me that the high octane fuels are not as explosive as the lower octane and that you'll get more speed out of the lower octane. How true is this? What type fuel would y'all recommend for the track? PS the same guy told me to max inflate my...
  9. taylor8

fork oil change

I can not for the life of me find a drainage plug for my forks! :banghead: Im hoping I dont have to take the fork all the way off to drain them. Any input? 1989 ZX7r:dunno: Any input?
  10. taylor8

older bike?

I dont suppose u have some armour for a 1989 zx7?
  11. taylor8

89 zx7r wheel

Need an extra wheel for my bike.....any ideas? :dunno:
  12. taylor8

Pre-registration: To be or not to be?

Am planning on tack day beaverun July 23 and maybe 24. Should I pre-register for the 23rd?:dunno: or should I just show up with cash in hand? Also...where would u recommend a large family with limited finances to stay for the weekend?:o
  13. taylor8

Suspension thanks

WOW!:wow: I didnt know how much difference suspension would make in the performance of my bike! I adjusted my rear and front! My sag in the rear was at about 58mm and front was about 30. Fork lengths were about 1/2in different. Before I made the adjustment the bike felt very heavy in the...
  14. taylor8

zx 7front wheel

anyone have a front wheel/rim to fit a 89 zx7. im lookin for an extra.:)
  15. taylor8

Rear susp numbers

Is the lower the setting the stiffer it is or higher? Dont have a manual yet and I prefer conversation over reading....most of the time anyway. Have been reading too though!:idea:
  16. taylor8

My family has questions

Ok!:D 1 is there a place to tent @ the Beaverun track or do we need a hotel? 2 Is there stuff for the kids to do (ages 17, 14, 9, 7,2)?:dunno: 3 Dogs on a leash allowed? 4 Is there shade available or do I need to make my own? 5 Is there anything else u could recommend for a large family to have...
  17. taylor8

tires and front suspension

ok...next newby question. currently have continentals that came with bke when I bought it. lots of tread left. anyway, switching to Q2's. Whats the best size for cornering? Current front is 120/70/17 and Rear 180/55/17.:dunno: Q # 2 how do I adjust my front suspension? Ive got some indicator...
  18. taylor8

First Track Day

Im lookin do do my first track day with NESBA in July in PA. Question 1: Can I get tires cheaper there than here? 2: does anybody know how to teach me how to change and balance them myself or is it better to have it done? 3: I have an additional bike that needs to have the carbs...
  19. taylor8

Riders needed

:oIm lookin to start an upstate New York sportbikers club. Anyone interested? Im just lookin for some support and encouragement. I love to ride but only have a few local friends who can get together and very rarely do our schedules match up. Also need people to glean experience and knowledge...