older bike?

Gorecki

taylor8;196523 wrote: I dont suppose u have some armour for a 1989 zx7?
I'll stick my nose in and likely respond appropriately in saying NO. You're gonna have a good time getting race body work for that machine. Hotbodies and SharkSkinZ have body work for newer Zed 7's but not sure what fitment issues there are. I would suggest contacting them to see if they can help. Turbo329 here has 7's but don't think they're that old but you might be able to hit him up for some advice? :dunno:

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
If he's just looking to preserve his stock plastics and not race, a bellypan (though a good idea to have) isn't required for trackdays.

taylor8

thanks

HondaGalToo;196787 wrote: If he's just looking to preserve his stock plastics and not race, a bellypan (though a good idea to have) isn't required for trackdays.
thanks...found the body work at the airtech site. Not a in a big hury, but should I become more serious about doin this, I know where to look!:D

betarace

here is my new/old skool track bike. Will be unveiled at VIR in August. Bought for $800 with a blown motor (thrown rod). All better now.

Like a ZX7R only better.
10xeiki.jpg

Gorecki

betarace;197026 wrote: here is my new/old skool track bike. Will be unveiled at VIR in August. Bought for $800 with a blown motor (thrown rod). All better now.
NICE! Kinda purdy with da purkel wheels and stuff!

betarace

Gorecki;197030 wrote: NICE! Kinda purdy with da purkel wheels and stuff!
I had one in the day, got stolen twice and couldnt resist at the price. Was a great project! Cant wait to ride on the track

93 Purple/Fuchsia
94 Silver/Pink
95 Orange/Red

Gorecki

betarace;197032 wrote: I had one in the day, got stolen twice and couldnt resist at the price. Was a great project! Cant wait to ride on the track

93 Purple/Fuchsia
94 Silver/Pink
95 Orange/Red
Man they sure had some colors in the '90's. Not knowing how much the engine work set you back, I would think you could easily get more then 2x what you paid for it. But I'm gonna guess it's a keeper. I would, looks like fun!

betarace

Gorecki;197034 wrote: Man they sure had some colors in the '90's. Not knowing how much the engine work set you back, I would think you could easily get more then 2x what you paid for it. But I'm gonna guess it's a keeper. I would, looks like fun!
long story, but I attempted to buy 8 engines via CL and eBay before I got one in Chicago with 6,100 miles delivered to me for $450!

NB on buying engines - if folks wont send pictures, tell you approx miles, tell you if it runs or not (or ran), answer emails in 72 hours or meet you to swap engine for money as agreed, it's probably not a good sign. The world of vintage engines is a world of flakes evidently.

All in I am $1,250 into this bike, and actually it didnt cost me a penny as I did all the work myself and "financed it" by selling old shit I had in my barn on ebay. Its a keeper but on the market it's prob worth $2300-2700 to the right buyer (an old dude like me).

Gorecki

betarace;197044 wrote: Its a keeper but on the market it's prob worth $2300-2700 to the right buyer (an old dude like me).
Yeah, I resemble that remark and guess it's why I think it's purdy. :eek:

Sounds like getting the motor was a royal PITA but looking like you came out on the good side all said and done. Please don't trash it at VIR! :D

Gorecki

betarace;197050 wrote: I got it because I was afeard of trashing my 999, and for less than the price of 1 major service!
Hmmmm, same reason I picked up my '99, worried I would trash my '09, but the old one ain't purdy. But I see your point, and I'm sure you're going to have a great time at VIR with zero get off's right? ;)

Fastguy

betarace;197050 wrote: I got it because I was afeard of trashing my 999, and for less than the price of 1 major service!
You got the bike cause I made the 93-95 750 look so heavenly on the track ;)

Welcome to the brotha-hood :D